[Chapter Two]

Chapter Two

Over my summer vacation, planning for the library took over most my time.

The architect I hired came up with an amazing and beautiful design that fit perfectly with my vision. The outside is stone in multi-natural colors, the roof is arched, and it's a modern twist on an old fashion design with skylights to brighten up the room.

The building itself will be a square with a rounded outside edge to meet the building. The first floor will be covered with book shelves with study tables on the side with there has no second floor, which also will connect to the computer lab already in existence.

The second floor, there will be shelves only 4 high compared to six, and there will only be enough room on half to walk over there. The half with the floor will be all book shelves. The floor will also connect to the old library.

The old library will be a silent room. In the center there will be tables to study at, and on the walls will be pillows, bean bags, blankets, etc. to make kids comfortable to just curl up and relax while they read.

The outside will have a huge covered walk way leading from the library to the school with huge windows put in to let in light, but keep out rain.

I really wanted to make this library big, but still keep it a comfortable environment, and I already talked with the administrators about this, I don't want kids to be made fun of and I don't want them being rowdy and trashing the place.

I know how it is trying to study, and have to deal with loud annoying jocks, and be made fun of by them for spending my free period in there instead of hanging out with friends, which makes no sense since there in there with me, but whatever.

I've also seen them bully kids in the library, making them run out crying. We may be the rich kids going here, and can afford books and have our own quite places to study at home, but the other half of the school is pretty poor.

The poorer kids in school are at the bottom of the food chain, unless they're on a sport or a cheerleader. They need the library, they can choose from books for free, have a safe and quiet place to study, and I want to give that too them.

On top of planning the construction I upped the number of hours I volunteered since some of the kids wanted to do it less to have fun and enjoy their summer. My best friend Alexis kept trying to get me to do the same but I didn't have time for that.

Now I go to Hope Orphanage every day for at least two hours. The kids are amazing, and I got to watch them go from alone and newly orphaned to the happier children they are today.

Some orphanages have a reputation for people not caring about them; bullying, abuse, and I've been to some where the children are so jumpy all the time waiting to get hit for being out of line.

It's makes me proud to be able to go to my family's and see the children genuinely happy, and know that it's because of my family's effort to raise money, and donate it, and even start it in the first place.

It makes me happy that these kids have others who know what they're going through, they can make new friends, and help each other deal with the loss or a horrible past.

There is even a girl there my age that I made quick friends with, she goes to my school and is the year below me, and she's one of the volunteers I recruited to help with the animal shelter

On top of the orphanage, I take the late shift at the hospital Monday, Wednesday, and Friday now. I mostly keep awake residence happy, read to them, entertain the nurses, and it's rewarding watching someone recover from so hurt to happy and healthy.