[Chapter Thirty-One] Damon's Pov

Chapter Thirty-One
Damon’s Pov

I feel horrible for the whole conversation we had in that Library, I shouldn’t have said it because none of it was true. I can’t believe I sat there attacking her and told her getting pregnant with all her fault. Yeah, I suck, and I’m about one hundred percent sure Alexis is going to beat the shit out of me as soon as we get out of here.

I don’t even know why I said it, I know she’s not a slut, and I know it’s not only her fault, this guy who slept with is just as responsible for the baby as he is. But she did have a point, I’m selfish and immature. Me telling a girl to go get an abortion or give the baby away is pretty heartless of me.

If it happened to me I would like to think that I would own up, I wouldn’t tell them what I said I would, I couldn’t do that. I don’t know what made me so mad to say all of that.

Yes you do! There was a little voice in the back of my head, but I ignored it. I felt my heart drop more and more with all the things she said, I kept trying to defend myself, but honestly I had no right after what I said to her, and she was right, I was behaving like a child, not a man. I just sat there after she left thinking all of this, and more. I went over the entire conversation and wanted to call her back in here and hit me again.

When I came back from my shower, she was gone.  I felt worried about her, so I went to the photography room to see if she was there, I honestly didn’t know where else she would have gone.

On my way there I heard the distinct noise of a piano playing.

‘no way’ I thought and I walked over to the room. When I looked in there was Arianna, playing the piano better than I could have ever imagined to. She was truly amazing. Her words flowed around the room with the music and I instantly recognized the song, and froze to watch her.

You could tell she cared deeply for the guy she slept with. She needed him and he wasn’t there. She was alone and it wasn’t right and I was just making it worse on her.

She finished the song and I bolted before she could notice me watching her playing, I’m sure she would yell at me for that too.

I went to the library to get ready for bed, and then she came in, moved the blankets and pillows to another bed and grabbed her stuff and left without a word. I needed to say sorry before the night was over, I didn’t want to go to bed without at least trying, although I knew she would most likely never forgive me.

I sat on my couch staring at her stuff across the room, she didn’t want to be near me even when we were going to sleep and she was afraid of the darkness and the storm. I thought about when she would grab for me in her sleep when she was scared and I hated that she would be away from me tonight so I couldn’t comfort her if she needed it.

I turned to see if she was coming yet and was surprised to see she was staring at me. Great, now I look like an idiot. I watched her for a minute or so before I stood up and walked over to her. She automatically took a step away from me, and I flinched slightly at the action, it was like she was afraid of me. When I got in front of her I couldn’t even find my voice.

I tried to just get her to talk to me, to get some kind of reaction, something but she just stood there and then she started crying and I felt horrible, It was like I broke her and I didn’t want it to be like that and then I felt the need to kiss her, so I did. I don’t know why I did it but she didn’t push me away

I felt something for her and it scared me. I didn’t know if she would hit me for this, but I slowly swiped my tongue across her bottom lip, if she didn’t want me to push it, I wouldn’t but to my surprise she parted her lips for me to deepen the kiss and one arm pulled her closer to me and the other held her face against mine. What I really wanted to do was hold her, but this was the closest I was going to get to that.