[Chapter Ten]

Chapter Ten

I looked down her to meet her eye. “I’m pregnant Lex.” I whispered I went and sat beside her “You’re not going to leave me are you?” I asked her worried, I don’t know what I would do if I lost her. She’s been my best friend as long as I could remember.

“I would never! How could you think that?” She asked he sounding hurt, I didn’t mean to hurt her feelings.

“Well that’s good, because if I keep it, that baby’s going to need her Auntie Lex” I said trying to lighten the mood a little.

“What do you mean if?” she asked and gasped “You’re not going to have a-”

“No!” I yelled, I didn’t even need her to finish that sentence “I could never do that. I mean adoption” I said and she nodded in understanding.

“How are you going to tell Damon?” she asked and I just looked at her, saying nothing “Arianna, you have to tell him!”

“How! How am I supposed to tell him when he doesn’t even know we had sex?” I asked her

“You can’t keep the baby and not tell him, or give it up without asking him Arianna” Why did she have to pick now to be reasonable.

“I know” I whispered “How about you give me until the end of this trimester to figure things out.” I tried to negotiate with her because I knew if I didn’t tell him she would.

“You promise you’ll tell him as soon as you hit your second trimester?” she asked seriously.

“Lex, I can you just let me process this without having to worry about all of this, I need to just think. I’m seventeen years old, I lost my virginity at a party and now I’m pregnant, my life is just a fucking mess and telling Damon is not on my list of priorities right now!” I yelled at her and cringed again, I wasn’t used to being angry.

“Wow, okay, I’m sorry.” She said trying to calm me down and I took deep breaths to try to calm down.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have yelled, I know you’re just trying to help.” I told her and she pulled me into her arms and we laid back on my bed

“I’m trying to be the reasonable one; you need to tell your parents at least.” She said and i started a new round of tears and she just held onto me.

“I’m such a disappointment; they’re going to hate me. Of all the mistakes I could have made this one is probably the worst. This doesn’t go away, no matter what I’m going to be someone’s mother Alexis, I’m not ready.” I didn’t know what else to do but cry.

I’ve destroyed my life with one stupid mistake, I didn’t even really date, I don’t do more than kiss and I went upstairs to sleep not hook up, it just happened and now I can’t pretend it never happened.

She nodded “You’re not a disappointment, you made a mistake and we’ll all figure it out together. When you have this baby you won’t think of it that way.” she hugged me “I love you no matter what Ariskye” she gripped me tighter

I groaned “Worst nickname ever” I pulled away from her and cracked a smile, which seemed to be her goal.

“What, the sky is airy and breezy and free” she smiled and I rolled my eyes.

“Shut up” I threw a pillow at her.

“I’ve been calling you that for like 15 years, just to annoy you” she said confidently and I smacked her with a pillow again and she smacked me back lighter than I did and we fell back on my bed and I smiled at her.