[Chapter Twenty]

Chapter Twenty

“Well he doesn’t hate kids, even wants them sometime.” I just hoped that you know, now wasn’t too soon for him. Oh who am I kidding, now is entirely too soon.

“Good, I think we should do something this weekend and get away since you know, next weekend your life is going to be turned upside down again.”

“Thanks for the reminder. What do you want to do and the two of us or the four of us?” I asked her

“Four. We can go camping! Camping sounds like fun.” It’s freezing outside and it’s been raining a lot, but hey, why not?

“Alright, but you’re sharing a tent with me, not Mason.” She flipped me off and I stuck my tongue out at her, I absolutely loved messing with her.

“Fine, we can leave tomorrow and go grocery shopping on the way out.”

“As long as we get s’mores” My mouth was already watering for them, I loved s’mores.

“We can get different chocolates for them,; I love it with cookies and cream.” She said and licked her lips, those were amazing and actually roasting them beats the microwave. We pretty much spent the rest of the class day dreaming about the gooey goodness and she went to find Mason while I went to do my daily babysitting duties.

To my surprise and excitement they had finally figured it out and it was almost done, they said it would be done by tomorrow and then they have to clean up, when I came in on Monday everything should be ready for the first shipment to arrive and I could start working on it.

I was getting closer on my lists and I just wanted this to be over, the stress wasn’t good for the baby. A lot of things have been changing lately. My stomach is just starting to round out and I’ve gained some weight and my hair is growing like crazy and Alexis needed to redo the colors.

I can’t believe I was already almost three months pregnant, it didn’t feel like it at all and I really wasn’t showing yet.

 “You work too hard on that” Damon said to me making me jump as I turned to face him.

“Yeah, well the shelves are almost done, and I need to still figure out about ten thousand more books, Nine thousand will be here in the next couple weeks. And the furniture and decorations.” I sighed, the rest was on me and there wouldn’t really be anyone to blame now.

“You do know you’re seventeen, that’s a lot of responsibility” he said and I laughed, if I wasn’t pregnant this wouldn’t be nearly as stressful, it’s really not that terrible it’s just a lot of work and work never scared me. “What?” He asked

“You really don’t know anything about me if you think that the library is all the responsibility I have”

“Well no, I know you have school and work. Take a lot to be top of your class.” He said and I shrugged. Honestly, I could pass these classes in my sleep, they weren’t hard.

“I wish that was all I had to deal with.” I packed up my stuff and he didn’t ask as I left and headed to photography where Mason and I talked about camping and all the kinds of nature pictures we could take and how we did but didn’t hope it would rain, and how we could make Alexis and Lucy pose for us.

When I got home I booked the camp site for Friday and Saturday night even though it was supposed to rain but we had good tents and a cover for the fire, we would be fine.

“Arianna-Skye!” my mom yelled and I dragged myself down stairs to talk to her.

“Yes?” I asked when I found her in the living room.