[Chapter Nine]

Chapter Nine

I woke up to my alarm going off at 5 am.

I sat up and looked around, I’m in my room, my wig is off, and I’m in my sweats and Damon’s sweatshirt from yesterday. I shut it off and was confused for a minute; the last thing I remember was falling asleep in his car.

I felt a lot better after sleeping so long but I still felt terrible, my stomach growled in hunger and it was enough to have me dashing to the bathroom to throw up the nothing in my system.

When I’m done I groan and rest my head against the wall for a little bit till I’m sure I’m not going to throw up again. And I brush my teeth and jump in to take a long shower.

I dry my hair and throw on some dark washed skinny jeans, a tight red tank top, my flannel to match, and my red vans. I put on my makeup and wig and look in the mirror.

I pretty much looked like I was close to death yesterday; I used the make-up to cover the dark circles under my eyes and my pale and flushed skin so I looked like a normal human, though looks are deceiving because I still felt like death.

The clock said I had a half hour before school started so I headed down stairs.

“Mom” I say when I get down stairs

“Yes honey” she calls from the kitchen

“What happened yesterday?” I asked and she smiled

“Damon drove you home and you fell asleep and that boy brought you in and tucked you into bed. I went in after he left and pulled off your wig, you slept all day and night. Are you feeling any better?” she asked concerned and I smiled

“Way better! I don’t feel like I’m about to drop at any second” I smiled and half lied, any minute maybe but not any second.

“That’s good, probably the 24 hour flu” I hoped, last time I had the flu It was worse than this, I hated remembering that dreadful time.

I ate some breakfast and headed to school.

School was so much better today, except for the face that Damon and I were back to acting like normal, like he didn’t take care of me all day yesterday, I figured as much, so it didn’t come to a surprise.

The rest of the day went normal, I spent all day working on stuff for the library, ate dinner with the family, went upstairs and finished my homework from the last two days, and right before I was about to crawl into bed I threw up again.

I groaned. I just can’t wait till all of this passes.

The next two days were the same. I woke up and either got sick of felt sick. I went and ate breakfast with my mother before heading to school. Damon ignored me like his usual. I had friends covering my shifts to volunteer, and then I ate dinner to throw it up later or feel nauseous the rest of the night.

I guess I should start listening when my parents say steak or Chinese would be too hard on my stomach and stick to the soup I kept refusing.

The only difference Friday was Alexis deciding to piss off an already pissed off Damon and whey were about one sentence from killing each other, though I didn’t know why.

“Guys, can you not?” I asked them and their eyes shot to me

“Tell her to stop being a nosy bitch.”

“Tell him so stop being an annoying asshole.” She shot back

“Oh I’m the annoying one? I was minding my own business.” He threw his hands in the air in frustration and she smirked