success

"Being successful means nothing but the mere fact that you are successful."

-Ladybird

I stopped chasing gold a long time ago. Unlike most kids from my generation, making a load of money simply doesn't appeal to me anymore. It could be the (underrated) amount of Hollywood movies I have watched that made me lost faith in the so-called success, or maybe it is that the happiness I am looking for does not lie in wealth. Hence I set off a journey on a quest to look for this certain happiness.

There it was said, money can't buy happiness. But I was determined to purchase it. If a job can guarantee me nothing but some decent salary (and a prosperous future, apparently), then chances are that it can't offer me what I'm here for: Happiness. That was all. Doing what I love, And loving what I do. Positivity. Confidence. Love. Certainty. Things like that doesn't seem hard to obtain. Not to a 15-year-old teenage girl. After all, we should be the ones that know ourselves the best.

But then there's that. Happiness, just like any other emotion, is in a constant state of flow. You can't always be sad, thus you don't get to be forever happy, either. It's always a little mix of both, or all. Some silver lining behind the clouds, even the depressed artists sometimes laugh so loud.