Part 10

POV Cameron
When we hopped on Lia's bike to go to the underground, I mindlessly grabbed around her waist. We were about to leave and I noticed that she tensed up. Then I realized I was tracing circles on her stomach. She didn't tell me to stop, so I didn't.
We pulled into the underground and Lia and I pulled our masks back over our faces. Never, ever show your face in an underground. Never be traced, never get followed. Fight, win, leave. We headed into the building, our senses filled of alcohol and sweat. Yells and calls bellowed throughout the room.
"We have about five minutes before my fight is supposed to start," Lia told me.
"I'm going to sign up for a fight. I'll be right back," I responded. She nodded back to me. I went up to the fight coordinator at the other side of the room.
"I need a fight," I told the grubby man behind the desk.
"Why would such a pretty girl need to fight, there's lots better pay elsewhere," He told me showing his missing teeth.
"So sad that you have to pay girls to go near you. You say one more thing and I will hang you by your own large intestine, do you understand," I spit with disgust for what humanity has come down to.
"Yes ma'am. Your fights in ten minutes." I walked away from the stand and back to Lia.
"You almost just lost a fight coordinator," I told her still steaming.
"He's just an idiot. And I have no doubt in my mind that the girl in front of me would go stud on his ass and wouldn't come out with a scratch. Ain't that right baby?"
"NEXT UP WE HAVE FANGS AGAINST KILLER!" The announcer screeched. "THIS JUST IN, FANGS HAS QUIT THE FIGHT. KILLER REMAINS CHAMPION, UNLESS WE HAVE ANY CHALLENGERS."
What in the hell possesed me to do what I did. I called "I'll fight."
"WHAT IS YOUR NAME."
"Blade." The crowd screamed at my name.
"WE HAVE THE FAMOUS BLADE, CHAMPION IN NEW YORK, AGAINST OUR OWN CHAMPION, KILLER."
I walked into the ring tightening my mask. Lia did the same. I walked across the rig and shook her hand.
"3.......2......1......FIGHT"
Her eyes went blank, so did mine. And we fought. We circled each other waiting for one to make the first move. Eventually. She did. She threw the first hook and we were at it. Kicks, blocks, hooks, uppercuts, jabs. Eventually I had her pinned. Then she flipped us. Then we switched again. I kept her pinned this time. I turned my head away from the crowd and the announcer and dropped my mask. I leaned down and whispered in her ear, "sorry babe. I think I'm the new champion." My lips grazed her neck and she froze. I quickly replaced my mask.
"3....2.....1.....SHES DOWN." The mighty Killer now lies beneath me, pinned.