Part 34

I paced around the waiting room of our gangs mini hospital, bleach and blood filled my senses. The white walls almost closing in on me as my anxiety thrummed inside my chest. The doc came out and I rushed over.
"She's alive," he told me, and for a second I had hope, and then he continued. "Barely. She's in a medically induced coma and we are watching her vitals closely. There is a possibility she won't wake up or will have neurological damage such as amnesia. We wont know until she wakes up."
"Can I see her at least?" I asked.
"Not tonight, but you may come see her tomorrow. We need nurses in there all the time for the first night to see if she makes it to tomorrow. You must get some sleep and come back tomorrow," he responded. I nodded and turned to leave.  The beeps blared, her heart was crashing, and slowly, so was mine, plummeting into dark depths.  The bpm was going down at an exponential rate. 
     "She's coding!" I heard the screams around me and felt high as a kite, vision blurry, room spinning.  But I heard something that brought me right out.
     "She's back, she's back, get her stable," the doctor said.  I put my head in my hands and prayed to whoever the fuck lives upstairs and asked them to forgive me and not take it out on her.   "Cam, I think it might be better if you stay, you should probably have someone grab your things and bring them, this is gonna be a long road, and no promises she will make it." I nodded and moved to her room.
      She looked beautiful as ever, I just wished she could open her eyes and I could see them. That when she opened her mouth her voice spoke to me, instead of the eerie silence and the smell of sterile latex.
      I hate hospitals, they remind me of when she sat in the same bed as Lia with her head growing no hair, her body sporting no fat or muscle, and her skin showing no color.  My mother lost her battle, but Lia can't lose hers.  She stronger than that, my mother was strong but it had took her heart, the one thing that she held most pure was now infected by cancer, that's how she passed.  But Lia still holds her heart within her walls, only letting few in, and I am honored to be one of them. 
      I kissed her forehead and texted my uncle about her and to bring my stuff.  I settled into the stiff leather of the hospital chair.  I fell into an uneasy rest.  Dreaming of death, cancer, my mother, and the picture of my fathers face as I buried him in the ground, the last is the only thing that didn't bring sorrow to my soul.  And I carried on deeper into my nightmare plane of existence, waiting to rise again and hopefully see her eyes once more.

Thanks for reading, and thank you for 16k reads. Today's people are @User6211009 @jerika1314 @kaylieq @caleighhogan @Envade @holaitstheloner @CBJPC27 , Anyway thanks for reading, ciao

-Luna