Chapter 2: Settling In

You look up at the house in-front of you

You look up at the house in-front of you. It was a small white-ish house, that looked fairly aged. A small garden and yard lead up to the doorstep, littered with rose bushes along the way.
You slowly gathered up the courage to put one foot in front of the other, and walked up to the door. Unlike the rest of the house, the door was painted a pale blue. You knocked hesitantly, waiting. Just before you considered knocking again, you heard the doorknob click. When it opened, you saw the faces of your grandparents.
"Grandma, grandpa, hi." You smiled, a bit awkwardly. You had been dreading this moment the whole car ride. After all, you hadn't seen your grandparents for years. But they smiled, and instantly brought you in for a hug. Once more, you let a sigh of relief escape your chest. They both had kind eyes, and smile lines. Simple folk, who lived for the sake of living. They used to own a bakery, so the scent of bread wafting in from the doorway was no surprise to you. You smiled, letting the warm scent fill your lungs.
"Go get your things honey, we have a room for you upstairs." Your grandma said, motioning to your truck. You nod, heading back down the porch stairs and to the back of your truck. You realized now Anthony must've had decided to walk home, because he was nowhere in sight. You couldn't help but feel slightly bad, because it was starting to rain.
Quickly, you picked up the two small handheld suitcases in the back of your truck, and slung them over your shoulder. Climbing up the stairs of the house, you smiled as they creaked beneath your heels. You remember running up them when you were little, just trying to make them squeak as much as possible. As you walked up into your room and opened the door, a small purr greeted you. Your grandma's old black cat was sitting on the tiny bed in the corner of the room. "Remmy!" You exclaimed, practically dropping your luggage, and going to pet him. He clawed at your hair, pulling out a few strings. You laughed, and placed him back on the ground. "It's time to unpack, you can pull out my hair later."
You looked around the room. It was exactly as you remembered. Nothing much, it was fairly small. But the walls were covered in posters and various paper clippings. It had that homey feeling that all grandparent's houses seemed to inhabit. It was all slightly messy and not your taste anymore, but nonetheless had some type of charm to it. It brought you comfort.

You flopped down on the bed, opening your suitcases to unpack

You flopped down on the bed, opening your suitcases to unpack. You brought a few various sweaters and cardigans, as well as your favorite pair of jeans. A long, floral skirt was tossed in there too. You didn't remember packing it, and with a sigh realized it must've been your mother's doing. In the other suitcase was your guitar. It was your prized possession, and parting with it would be too much to bear. Carefully propping it up on the wall, you glance up as you hear your name being called from downstairs.
"(Y/n)! Do you want any dinner, sweetie?"
You laugh to yourself slightly. "No thanks gramps, I think I'm going to get to bed early for school tomorrow."
That's right.. as soon as it escaped your lips, the realization flooded you. It almost slipped your mind that school started tomorrow. You were less than excited, and quite nervous. Maybe that was why dinner sounded so foul to you at the moment.
You push away the thought, and pull out the last item from your suitcase, an old journal. You'd been writing in it for about two and a half years now, and it carried all of your secrets and fears, triumphs and feelings. You laid down in your bed, clicking the bedside table light on, and flicking open the journal. Gnawing on a pen you fished from your back pocket, you wrote down all your anxieties of tomorrow. It felt good to get it out. Setting it down and changing into some flannel pajama pants and a tank top, you settle in for bed. You liked to leave the window curtains open; being able to see the moonlight comforted you. "Am I really ready..?" You murmured to yourself, squeezing your pillow slightly. It felt odd to sleep in a foreign bed. ".. I guess I have to be."
And with that, you let your eyes close. The last image you saw before slipping into a dream state were those flashy cars you had seen prior that day...

END OF CHAPTER 2. CHAPTER 3 COMING SOON!
____________________________________
This was a really short, filler chapter. Next chapter I promise we get some vampire action lol. It'll be released soon!