Six

To: Band Boy
From: Animal Girl

You can't send me an email as strange as C Dizzle and not have me comment on it. It's just a fact. You are just lucky I like my nickname for you better or I'd be relentlessly calling you C Dizzle now.

I'm in Antarctica, it's so cool here. I wish I was staying more than just a couple weeks. I could study the animals here forever. They are so unique, and the way they have learned to live in this harsh environment is fascinating. We took a small boat out into the ocean yesterday, and just watched the animal life interact. A couple of whales stalked our boat for a while, a mother and calf, the calf was very interested in us. He would swim really close and then slap his tale, or shoot out of the water before disappearing into deeper water, only to reappear in a similar fashion on the other side of the boat soon after. We also say penguins diving in and out for fish and so many seals around. Penguins might be one of the most awkwardly graceful animals on the planet. In the water the glide like dancers, so beautiful, and they fly up out of the ocean and land on their feet... and then they waddle and hobble around like they don't know how to use their legs. It's pretty funny.

It is pretty cold, but I don't mind that. It's definitely not as bad as it could be. But a stark contrast to the heat in Sydney right now. I took a couple days to acclimatize to the bitter weather.

Now, to somewhat address the elephant in the room... Since you found my Instagram I'm assuming you saw one or more of my posts. And I'm sure you have a lot of questions about the one I posted after the Festival on Sunday. I just hope you give me the chance to tell you my story in my own words, Calum. And it may not come quickly, it is a complex story, and it holds a lot of pain. But it has already effected who we are to each other somewhat too. If you've already googled me then it's whatever, you know the news story, but if you haven't... please, just wait. I'm working on moving past what has to become my past, even if it's hard for me.

I hope the music is going well for you. Let me know if you put anything new out, I'd like to hear it. I want to be a supportive friend. Besides, I like what I've looked up of your previous music.

I figure we can end our emails with where we are in the world, and where we are headed next if it's soon. Just to keep track of each other a bit. If our paths cross I would love to see you.

I'm in Antarctica right now. Heading to New York City, I'll fly in there next Sunday evening, late.

Hope this email wasn't too boring.

Tilly, the Animal Girl.

To: Animal Girl
From: Band Boy

I'm glad you emailed me, Tilly. And if we are talking about weird email, I am going to point out that yours is NomaticTT which is as weird as C dizzle. So you don't have much room to talk.

I hope you know I wouldn't google you, Tilly. That is an invasion of your privacy and I don't want to get to know you based on what google is saying. I want to get to know the real you. I am curious about the post I saw, the one about your trip to Antarctica, and I got the idea that whoever T is might be part of your emotional roller coaster, but I don't want to find out who he is to you by reading it on a news article. I want you to tell me your story. So don't worry your pretty mind about that. I would like to make sure it isn't an issue of cheating though, I want to make sure this isn't some boyfriend that is suddenly going to come round and punch my face in for talking to you. Whatever you say I will believe, I don't think you're someone who would lie about things like that.

I'm headed back to LA in just a couple days, still in Sydney right now though. Visiting my parents and some family. It's been a lot of fun. Why are you headed to New York? Is that where you are from? We never actually talked about where we grew up. I grew up just outside of Sydney, but you might have caught that in the last week. I never learned where you were from or what your family is like. I'd like to know. My family is so important to me, and I love learning about others and their families as well.