Epilogue

As always with epilogues, read chapter 27 first if you haven't.
———

December 2020

"Damn." Calum chuckles, sliding his hands around Tilly's tan stomach, kissing her bare shoulder. She'd ran for the ocean as he helped his dad set up the blankets on the sand.

"I love the ocean in Australia." Tilly sighs, leaning back against Calum's chest, as the waves lap against her lower stomach. 

"It's the best ocean in the world." He nods, dropping to capture her lips with his own.

"Would you want to move back here? When the band is done, when you're ready to settle down? Or do you think your life will always be in LA. That you'll always be too into the music scene there to come home?"

"I don't know. In my mind, I would love to move home eventually. To live here in Sydney and raise my family. But I also love my band more than anything, and I would stay in LA for that. But if the opportunity presented itself, I would come home, yes."

"I'd like to live here, it's far away from everything in my past. In Australia I think of you. I don't worry about my family issues, I don't think about my past. I relax, I breathe, and I could see myself here. There is so much wildlife that needs help here, there would be so much work I could do close to our home. It would work, I would love raising a family here. I could be totally and completely happy here."

"You would settle down here?" Calum grins.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to live without traveling at least some. But I could live here and travel a couple times a year for trips. I could make this my base. But Band Boy, wherever you are, that will always be my homebase. Be it Sydney, or LA, or London, or some remote island you buy us to escape the world. Wherever you are is home."

"I love you, AG." Calum chuckles, "Wherever we end up, it will be together."

"I like that plan." Tilly smiles, turning in Calum's arms, wrapping hers around his neck tightly.

"Me too." He hums, cupping her cheek, his lips finding hers.

"Oi. No one want's to watch you snog a girl, Calum."

He chuckles into Tilly's lips, kissing her softly one more time before turning. "Hey, Mal! Welcome home." Calum grins, going to wrap his sister in a hug.

"Step aside, little bro, I have to meet the girl you canceled on me for." Mali laughs, barely hugging Calum before pushing around and taking Tilly's hands.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so excited to meet you, Tilly!" Mali squeals, holding her at arms length to examine.

"It's nice to meet you too." Tilly smiles.

"You are so beautiful! We are going to be best friends."

"Can we be sisters instead? I've got friends." Tilly laughs.

"You are officially my favorite person. Of course we can be sisters." Mali yells pulling Tilly into a tight hug.

"Should have introduced you two at the house. Y'all are loud as fuck." Calum chuckles.