Twelve

Calum has his tongue between his teeth as he focuses, twisting the deep burgundy tie over itself to form a knot. Sighing as he pulls it out for the third time. It has to be perfect.

"Hey, Cal- wowza." Ashton's eyes go up in amusement as he makes eye contact with his best friend. "What the hell are you up to this afternoon?"

"Um, black tie event with Tilly. She had a really hard trip and asked if I'd be her date tonight. But I can't get this tie to tie right. It has to be perfect." He groans, restarting again. "Can't meet fucking Prince William with a crooked tie."

"You're dining with the future king of England?" Ashton laughs, batting Calum's hands away, taking the tie from him.

"Tilly is, I'm just her date. So I don't know if I will actually meet him or not. She's being recognized for her services." He sighs.

"That's cool. How's that look?" Ashton asks, tightening the tie until it rests comfortably against Calum's adamsapple.

"Life saver. Thank you, Ash, I have to go. Can't be late for a date with the prettiest girl and the royals." Calum smiles, slipping the black suit coat onto his arms. Tucking his phone and a couple necessities into the inside pocket.

"Hey, Cal!?" Luke pushes through the door almost hitting Calum with it.

"No. Whatever it is. Not today. I'm nearly late already."

"Hot damn, Cal. A full suit. You meeting the queen tonight and didn't tell us?"

"No, just her grandson." Ashton laughs.

"And if I make Tilly late we will have issues. Can I go now?"

"Her seeing you in all black may do that anyway!" Luke yells after him with a laugh.

CalumHood
Leaving my hotel.
See you in about ten
minutes. Black SUV
with tinted windows.

LittleMissNomad
Perfect. I'll be looking
for the car. Thanks
again for coming
with me.

Calum doesn't respond, focusing on his breathing as the car drives through London. It's been six weeks since he got to see Tilly, and now he's escorting her to a reception at Buckingham Palace. He knows she is going to look amazing the second she gets in the car. He knows he is going to want her, and he knows he has to control that urge.

As soon as the car stops in the valet parking he slips from his seatbelt. Climbing out the car door as Tilly pushes through the front doors of the hotel, looking radiant.

A fitted deep burgundy gown that matches the tie she had sent over for him adorning her figure. A tasteful plunging neckline showing off her collarbones, her tattoo on full display for people to admire. Golden curls falling around her shoulders, and a smile spread across her face.

"Damn, AG, you clean up nice." Calum grins, pulling her into a hug.

"I could say the same, BB. Good to see you again." She chuckles, taking the hand he offers to help her into the car.

"It's so good to see you too." Calum smiles, closing the door behind himself, taking the seat beside her.

"I'm glad you're coming with me, Calum. This is the biggest event I've ever been invited to. It will be nice to have someone comfortable beside me."

"Happy to help." Calum leans over, pressing a kiss to her cheek softly.

"I'm so nervous." Tilly almost whispers.