Chapter 9 - "Why?"

I took a big gulp of breath and knocked on his door. I heard a crash as if someone had knocked something on the floor. And then I heard someone swearing which probably confirmed it. Then finally, "Come in." I slowly pushed the door handle down and eased it open. The dark blue lamp was now on the floor and Bradley was sitting on the bed rubbing his elbow. He looked surprised to see me. Maybe he thought I was his mum. I put the towel on the floor by the door and walked over to the lamp. It wasn't broken so I placed it back on the desk. Then I sat down next to him

     "I'm sorry... for running off." He turned to face me but I looked down. His fingers were soft as he put them on my chin and pulled my face up. I kept my eyes looking down.

    "You don't need to be sorry. I should have known that you might do something like that. I should have been more gentle. May I have a look?" I wanted to be able to have shown him the scars. To prove that I wasn't weak anymore. But I ruined that with my little episode in the bathroom. I shook my head. A look of hurt flashed through his eyes but he hid it quickly. I didn't want him to be hurt, but I knew that if I showed him what I had just done, then it would be worse. I didn't want to do that to him.

     "I can't show you. I... I' m sorry." My eyes burned with tears that were desperate to be free.

     "Please."

     "I can't."

     "Why not?"

     "Because it would hurt you." His face softened and he kissed me gently on the lips. Just a quick one to show he wasn't angry at me. But that was wrong. He should be angry at me. I didn't deserve him.

     "I love you. And I want to know what's happening. Please show me your arm." With that he pulled my sleeve up. I turned away, not wanting to see the cuts or his reaction. But I didn't resist. Out the corner of my eye, I could see the look of shock on his face. His fingers traced around the fresh ones. I shivered from his touch and he stopped immediately. "I' m so sorry. Did I hurt you?" I shook my head, the tears pourimg down my face. He counted how many there were. 7 in total.

     "I... I'm s...s...soo sor...sorry." I sobbed.

     "Why?" It was almost a whisper. "These are so deep. And fresh. Why Charlotte, why?" I tried to answer but I couldn't. When I opened my mouth to speak, I was taken over by my sobs. I couldn't hold them back. He folded me into his arms and held me until I had cried so much I ran out of tears. Once I had finished, he turned me to round to fave him. "Charlotte, I love you with all my heart. I have never met such a sweet, kind and innocent girl, but who can also be extremely sexy." He winked at me. "You don't deserve anything that you get from life. And seeing how much it affects you, and the way you deal with it. It kills me inside. I want you to be happy." I could feel the tears, once again, pouring down my cheeks. I leant forward and kissed him. He immediately deepened the kiss. Then he stood up, pulling me with him, and pushed himself up against me. I could feel his hands slip underneath the hem of my top and up my back. He walked backwards until I was pushed up against the wall. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. His kiss had turned rough and urgent but I enjoyed it. Whilst he kept kissing me, he used one hand to go through a drawer. His hand came out and he had a condom in it. I gasped, then smiled. "Are you alright with this?" It was cute that he was concerned for me. I nodded, and we got to it....

*********************************************************************************************

Bradley and Charlotte frickle frackled!!! :) I know I said in the last chapter this was going to be quite long, and it was originally. But it was just too long, so I rewrote it. Then I had this. So I hope its an alright length :/ thank you to everyone who has read my story. Some of you leave such sweet and comments and it really makes me happy to know that you enjoy it. I love you all :) anyway.... Thanks for reading! :)