Chap 5 "A Family"

Street's POV

It's been three months since Mitchi and Kala has been living in LA. I was on my way to the ice cream shop to pick up Kala. I walked in and Kala ran up to me. "Hey," I smiled. I picked her up and walked over to Mitchi. "What did Mommy get you for your birthday?"

"Ice cream," Mitchi smiled. "I'm going to let you have your week." She grabbed her purse. "I'll be over at Luca's. Can you guys come over at seven?"

"Yeah," I nodded. She smiled. I grabbed her wrist. "Why don't you spend today with us? It's Kala's birthday." Mitchi sighed. "Come on. I'm sure Kala wants you to spend time with us."

"Please Mommy?" Kala asked.

"Okay, fine," Mitchi replied. She got out her phone and texted someone. "I just had to text Luca."

"Can we go to the park?" Kala asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. We walked to the park across the street. I sat on the bench with Mitchi as Kala went to play on the playground. "Is there anyway I could change your mind before the year is up?"

"Why?" Mitchi asked.

"Being able to figure you out these past three months was hard, because you've changed since you left," I stated. "But I remember why I fell in love with you. I remember our memories. I remember our late nights." She looked at me. "I miss you, Mitchi. I actually want my future with you, a family. We have Kala."

"Street, I've made up my mind. I want to go back to Hawaii with Kala," Mitchi replied. "Kala loves it over there and she has friends over there."

"Is that all?"

"Street, I'm going to marry Steve," she looked at me. "That's not going to change."

"How can you be so sure?"

"He was there for me when I needed him most," Mitchi replied. "For six years, he was there. I fell in love with him."

"You don't love him."

"You can't tell me who I can or can't love."

"I know you don't love him. You just like the fact that he's in uniform, a former Navy SEAL," I replied. "That's why you are always talkative with Hondo, and flirting with him. It's because he was a Marine."

"Then tell me why I'm not attracted to Steve's Navy buddies," Mitchi argued. "I love Steve. It's not because he was a SEAL. I didn't find out until Kala was four." I looked at her. "It took time for me to actually trust Steve."

"You tell that to yourself so much that you believe it. I've known you since your teenage years, Mitchi. You can't lie to me."

"I've been gone for six years. I've change since then. You don't wanna believe that because you're afraid that I won't have the same feelings for you that I did before I left."

"Well, do you?"

"Today's not the day to talk about this," Mitchi replied as she grabbed her belongings. "Kala, besos. Mami tiene que ir al tío Luca a prepararnos la cena."

"Okay, Mommy," Kala ran up to her and gave her a kiss.

"I love you," Mitchi replied.

"I love you too," Kala stated as Mitchi left. "Daddy, what else are we going to do today?"

"What did Mommy just say to you?" I asked.

"What Mommy and I talk about in our secret language is between me and her," Kala replied. "That's what Mommy always told me."

"Okay," I sighed. "Looks like Daddy has to learn a new language now."

"I can teach you Hawaiian," Kala smiled.