Chap 6 "Old Flames"

Mitchi's POV

Four more months passed. I was getting Kala dressed for her winter formal. "There you go," I smiled. "Go downstairs and show Grandpa your dress." I followed Kala as she hopped down the stairs. "Dad, how does she look?"

"She looks like you when you were about that age," Dad smiled

"I know," I nodded. "I thought the same thing too."

"Wait, isn't that the same dress you wore to your first winter formal?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, it is," I nodded. "I found it in the back of the closet and I figured it would be the best dress, rather than buy her a new dress." I looked at Kala. "And I was right."

"Are you sure you don't want Steve to be here for the dance?" Dad asked.

"Dad, I already talked to Steve. He wanted Street and Kala to experience this father daughter winter formal together," I sighed. "He has the rest of his lifetime to go to dances in Hawaii with Kala." There was a knock on the door. I opened it. "Hey, Street." I let him in and he saw Kala. "Here's Kala."

"Hi Daddy," Kala waved. "Do I look pretty?"

"You look like a princess," Street smiled. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes," Kala nodded. "Bye Mommy."

"Bye, sweetheart," I gave Kala a hug. "You guys have fun." Street left with Kala. "Dad, I need help."

"Your old feelings for Street came back, didn't they?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, and I don't know what to do. I love Steve and I always will. We're engaged to be married," I nodded. "I don't want to be with Street and make the same mistake six years ago. I love Steve and I always will." I looked at Dad. "What do I do?"

"This is a love triangle I was afraid of," Dad sighed. "This is what happens when you have a baby with someone and then you leave and find love somewhere else." I looked at him. "I know. I'm not helping, but what am I supposed to do, Mitchi? Who do you love more? Do you wanna get back with Street or do you wanna merry Steve?" I sighed. "You and Street can have a real family together, where it's not broken, or you can go with Steve and raise Kala around him and have a family with him."

"Steve loves Kala as his own," I replied. "But Street has shown me so much that he can take care of Kala." I kept thinking. "Kala loves Street, because he's her dad. She loves Steve because he was there for us when she was young. Dad, Steve has matured with the responsibility of having a child and he has changed for the better these past six years."

"You have five months left to make a decision," Dad replied. "You can either stay here with Street, or go back to Hawaii with Steve."

"I know," I sighed. I fiddled with the ring on my finger. "I've got a lot to sort out. Street might be right about my feelings towards Steve, but I don't want to believe it." I looked at Dad. "If it's true, I can't be with Steve."