3. Make Your Acquaintance

Katsuki's not sure of what time it is when he wakes up, he just knows that he's not fucking ready to wake up yet.

It's morning, maybe late afternoon if the bit of sun coming through the blackout curtains of Midoriya's bedroom is of any indication. He remembers calling the freckled man to come and pick him up after his shift, feet much too tired to drag his sorry ass home. He remembers passing out in Midoriya's bed around four o'clock in the morning. He remembers the nerd talking his ear off and doing him the favor of taking his stilettos off for him after he collapsed onto the neatly made queen bed, saying something about at least being comfortable before he goes to sleep but Katsuki was far too gone to be bothered.

He feels around the plush bedding to see if his friend is still there, but he just feels the cold sheets at his side.

So why is Midoriya making so much fucking noise when he knows damn well that Katsuki is still dog tired?

The music is so loud that the bass thumps and vibrates against the walls, framed photos bouncing along to the rhythm. It's some loud ass metal---shit that Deku doesn't even listen to. If it's his stupid roommate again, he'll strangle that idiot with the stereo cord. Kaminari has to know that he's in here and that he's definitely not going to be in the mood for his shit today.

The blonde fussily kicks the blankets off of him, still dressed in strappy lace from last night. He slips one of Izuku's t-shirts over his smaller frame and kicks the bedroom door open to stomp his way out into the hall.

"What the hell, Deku?! I'm tryna fuckin' sleep here---"

His rant dies in his throat upon reaching the living room.

Sitting in the recliner with his booted feet propped onto the coffee table is a man that Katsuki can only describe as classically handsome. His wild  hair defies gravity like a flower's petals shake free in the sun, dark circles underneath his eyes that do little to take away from his annoyingly good looks. He hardly flinches when he sees Katsuki, only moving to pluck the cigarette from his mouth and blow smoke straight up into the air.

"Well, g'mornin' to you, too."

"The hell you doing here?"

Katsuki feels himself becoming flustered for absolutely no reason at all, other than the fact that his overly generous customer from the night before seems to have stumbled his way into his childhood friend's apartment.

Hitoshi, if he remembers correctly.

He looks oddly comfortable with the way he's splayed out over the chair, almost like he's been there before. His sleeves are rolled up to his shoulders to show off monochromatic tattoos that go all the way up his neck.

Katsuki finds himself wondering how far down they go.

"What, your mother not teach you any manners?"

Katsuki just stands there, arms folded over his chest with a nasty glare pointed in the almost-stranger's direction. He takes another long drag from his cigarette, sitting upright in the chair with a sigh once he realizes that Katsuki doesn't have any intentions of being cordial with him.

"Midoriya ran out to get breakfast and coffee from the caf downstairs. Didn't mention that you were here. Didn't mention anyone was here. Did I wake you?"

"What the hell do you think, asshole?"

"Me-ow, you're lot feistier than you were last night. Somebody's a cranky kitty."

He hits a button on a remote sitting on the arm of the chair and the music comes to an abrupt halt.

"Small town, huh? Hadn't bet on seein' your pretty ass over here."