10. Baby

A/N: filler.

Katsuki expects to wake up the next morning tangled in Hitoshi's arms, but instead he's greeted by the butler. It startles him---especially since he's ass naked and barely covered as the man takes it upon himself to invade his personal space.

"The fuck are you doing?" He hisses, pulling the sheets up over his nude form. The man hardly bats an eye at him, standing dutifully with a robe draped across his arm.

"Master Shinsou asked that I retrieve you and have you meet him in the dining area. Apologies for the intrusion." He says with a slight bow, handing Katsuki the robe and promptly making an exit. Katsuki huffs in irritation and turns over to look at the clock on the bedside table.

10:45 AM.

He reaches over for his phone and taps the home button, groaning when he realizes that he's forgotten to put it on the charger so it's still just as dead as a doorknob. Several questions about what's going on back home in Musutafu start rattling off in his anxious little brain but he stops himself short with a shake of his head.

Calm, Katsuki. Just stay calm.

It's a mantra he knows he'll have to repeat to himself more often than not with all that's happened. He takes the robe and slips it over his body, tying it shut and rubbing at his sore neck as he makes his wait out of the bedroom.

He looks down both ends of the corridor, relieved to see the butler standing on the opposite end. The last thing he wants is to get lost in this place full of dangerous strangers and criminals.

He follows the butler's lead, sure to stay at least eight feet behind him. He can never be too cautious.

#

"Master Shinsou. Your guest."

Hitoshi looks up from the large oak table where there are several gun parts laid about. He's shirtless still, covered in stitches and bandages. "Katsuki. Sorry I didn't wake you earlier, wanted you to get a bit more rest. How are you feeling?" He asks and Katsuki can only offer him a shrug. "Not a lot different than I did yesterday. Naked, paranoid and a little scared." He admits and Hitoshi hums, motioning for Katsuki to come and have a seat in his lap.

It's almost mechanical, the way he sits right down onto his left leg and allows Hitoshi's arm to curl around his slim waist---hand gripping his thigh. How many times has it been like this now? It had to have been quite a lot, the way Katsuki's nerves quell themselves every single time. He feels safe there, he's come to realize. Safe inside Hitoshi's arms. Except this time, Hitoshi presses a kiss against Katsuki's jaw.

The blonde blooms bright red but he doesn't object, unable to resist the urge to hide his face in his hands. Their newfound intimacy is still something he's got to get used to, but he doesn't hate it. He thinks, maybe, he likes it a bit too much.

"Sorry. I should have asked if that was alright---"

"N-No, it's fine, I just...you make my heart all jumpy and shit. I...like being with you. Or whatever." Katsuki admits, grabbing Hitoshi's hand as it moves to leave his thigh and placing it there again. He won't look Hitoshi in the eyes---can't or he's afraid he might melt---but he hears him hum and feels him squeeze his thigh again.

"Okay, baby. Is that okay, too? For me to...call you baby?"

"Fuck---yes, Hitoshi. I'm saying...I'm saying that last night meant something to me so we don't have to just be...whatever we were before. I don't have to just be...live cargo." He says, hating the way the phrase tastes on his tongue.

"...then what do you want to be?"

Katsuki laces his fingers with Hitoshi's, cheeks ruddy as he keeps his eyes trained on the guns spread about the table.

"You said it already. I'm your baby." He says, feeling fucking shy for the first time in his entire fucking life.

Hitoshi's fingers tighten around his.

"Yeah. Yeah, you are." He says, breathless as he presses another kiss up to Katsuki's jaw. Katsuki smiles so hard that his cheeks hurt.

His first ever boyfriend and it only happened because he basically got kidnapped. Is there some sort of irony to this that he's missing?

"What are you doing?" He asks, trying to quell at least a bit of his nerves. Hitoshi takes his free hand and continues moving the parts around. "I was cleaning them. Gotta put 'em back together and reload 'em. Then I'm gonna get some food in you before we head to Kyoto. It's a five hour drive so we're gonna need to stop and stock up on some things." He explains. Katsuki's brows knit in confusion.

"Kyoto? I thought we were going to Shikoku?"

"Change of plans, baby. The target has been moved. They don't think I know. But...we're gonna stop in Nagoya before we get there."

"Why?"

"Well, not only is there information that I need there, but I'm going to drop you somewhere safe and---"

"What?! No, you can't just dump me---"

"Katsuki, this isn't a discussion. I want you safe and out of danger while I'm handling this mission, okay? Things are going to be dangerous and I'll be damned if I lose you to some half-pint thugs. I'll come back for you once I have the target and I'll take you to Izuku, okay?"

Katsuki isn't sure why, but he doesn't like the sound of any of this. He knows that Hitoshi is making sense---that he's being fucking reasonable---but he hates the idea of being left behind. And when he takes him to Izuku, then what? Are they done? Is this supposed to just be a fling?

Hitoshi seems to sense his distress. He heaves a heavy sigh, setting the gun pieces down and using his free hand to gently grip Katsuki's chin and coax him into making eye contact.

"Kitten. I know you don't wanna do that but you know I'm not tryna ditch you, right? That I just wanna protect you?" He tries to reason with him---hates seeing that dejected look on his face, but the only reason he was even doing this anymore was for Katsuki's sake.

And...well, to finish his contract.

Reluctantly, Katsuki nods.

"I know. Sorry, I don't wanna be a fuckin' pain in the ass. I just...don't wanna leave you." He says.

A smile curls at Hitoshi's lips.

"I know, baby."

He catches Katsuki's lips in a kiss, pleased to see that the blonde is, if even slightly, more at ease.

"We good?"

"Mhm."

"G'boy. Wanna help daddy clean his guns?"

Katsuki sputters out a laugh, almost slapping Hitoshi against the chest until he remembers that he's hurt.

"I'm not calling you daddy."

"It was worth a try."

"Just shut up and show me how to do it, moron."

Hitoshi chuckles with a shake of his head.

"Alright, let's start with that piece there."