Destruction's Awakening

Plagg pretends he's rummaging Adriens cabinets looking for cheese when he is, in fact, looking at his kitten. The boy is on his bed laying on his back, he's been there for the past thirty or so minutes since his arrival. His right hand is up, Adrien looking at it like it doesn't belong to him. Plagg actually finds something to eat and puts it on his mouth when Adrien very quietly says: ''I should stop being Chat Noir''

The Kwami starts choking on his cheese, ''W-what? Adrien you are the best Chat Noir this city could hope for, you can't just give up like that just because of some liar'' You knew things were serious when Plagg called Adrien by his name instead of referring to him as ''kitten'' or ''kid''. That actually wiped the boys sad look away for a moment as he looked at the mini god in awe. ''I'm unstable Plagg, and I don't trust myself to control cataclysm much longer. Today was a disaster! I tried to be calm, I did all the smiling I could but everyone just kept looking at me weird and of course they would! I just made things worse, now Marinette probably thinks I'm a freak and Nino and Alya won't ever talk to me again and even Chloe- '' Plagg decided to interrupt his charge there. ''Kid, I'm not gonna lie, I think those smiles were a little creepy. But it was just one day of mistakes out of years of protecting this city. Paris and Ladybug need you and if you have to destroy a couple chairs to keep doing it I say screw furniture!'' Adrien was back to not being sure of how serious the kwami really was. He really didn't think himself as invaluable. Even Ladybug was a good Chat Noir after a couple minutes with the powers once, anyone could replace him.

''Nathalie is going to start questioning why stuff keeps disappearing... this is bad plagg! you know I didn't just destroy furniture! And it wasn't even on purpose! I need to go to Master Fu''

He stood up, not listening to anything else the kwami had to say. Plagg probably wanted to stay with him because he was rich and could afford a lot of expensive stinky cheese. But it was just irresponsible to keep his powers right now.

''Think of Ladybug, how are you going to see her again if you are not Chat Noir?'' Wow, low blow Plagg, Adrien thought. He was right, of course. If he gave up being Chat, he would give up on his lady too. For some reason Marinette's face flashed on his mind for a second, and he felt a pang of guilt. He really was gonna end up being that typical playboy model that just liked any girl with similar features, was he huh? Marinette really didn't deserve that.

The brief stop he did before going out ended, Adrien made up his mind. He was sure going to Master Fu right now to give back his miraculous was the right choice, no matter how painful it was.

Then the Akuma alarm started alerting all of Paris of a new threat, and he stopped on his run to Master Fu's.

''One more time, I guess'' He whispered before transforming and jumping on the rooftops of Paris.

-*-

Marinette didn't even get a couple blocks away from Master Fu's place when she heard the alarm. She decided to be positive though, this would make it easier to talk to Chat Noir right away.

-*-

Ladybug arrives at the scene where the Akuma has been breaking everything around him. Chat Noir lands beside her before she could see much more, and she's about to greet him when she sees him.

He looks terribly pale, looking at the Akuma with a horrified expression on his face. Scared, she wonders what was affecting him so much but before any other clue about this Akuma revealed her anything, he spoke.

''Everyone will hear my music now, one way or the other!''

It was Nino's voice coming out of a man with giant speaker for hands. A pair of broken headphones were on his neck.