Bunny

''So this is how things are'' Said the impeccably dressed man, who Alya, like most of her friends, referred to in her mind as 'government man #1'.

While the city went through a silent, wintery chaos as news from the attack on the bakery reached everyone, the team met with the same people that were, just mere days ago, offering a deal along with Gabriel Agreste. The ex villain was not present, just like Nathalie Sancoeur and the hero Viperion. Currently both groups were cooperating somewhat, informing each other of how they lost three important people that had delicate information to Gianna Rossi, now officially known as Lady Vendetta, much to Alya's disappointment.

The purpose of using code names was to hide identities, thought the reporter, and in some cases to show respect for someone's hard work; Like how the soldiers that were currently guarding the door of the room they were all in called Adrien 'Chat Noir'. Gianna Rossi didn't deserve any respect, and calling her Lady Vendetta was like giving her power, in a way. Alya, transformed into Rena Rouge, looked at her left side where Ladybug was standing. She felt incredibly frustrated on behalf of her best friend, who had to just pretend right now that her parents weren't in a hospital just to appear strong and confident in front of these people. She hadn't had the time to talk to her and support her, only hoping that at least Adrien did, while bearing the guilt of having safe, unknowing parents back home.

''Yes, Viperion wasn't just one of our strongest allies... he wa- is our friend'' Said Ladybug, correcting herself when she saw Chloe flinching at the mention of her boyfriend.

Alya was extremely surprised to see that Chloe was taking the loss of Luka a lot worse than Marinette seemed to take her parent's hospitalization. All she knew is that if something like that happened to Nino OR any member of her family, she wouldn't even be there, so her admiration for both girls just grew. Or maybe she wasn't giving herself enough credit and being self deprecating was her way of dealing with her own survivor's guilt...

There were two government men in the room, who just stared at each other with what seemed to be soft expressions for the first time since they started the meeting. Apparently Alya wasn't the only one having a hard time maintaining a cold, professional demeanor, because the pity in their eyes was now very apparent. Man #1 then coughed, ashamed of his sudden bout of humanity, and continued:

''We can now assume that this terrorist now knows who all of you are, then?'' He asked, his voice reflecting the fact that he knew perfectly well how delicate that question was.

''Better to assume the worst...'' Commented Carapace in a low volume, but since the room was silent it didn't go unnoticed.

''Yes'' Said Ladybug, loud and firm. Alya noticed a quick glance exchange between her and Chat Noir, and his black-gloved hand moved onto the heroine's shoulder right before a flash of soft pink filled the room.

It happened as quickly as they were used to, which made it even more shocking to see. If it wasn't for how surprised Alya herself felt at the sudden de-transformation, the expressions on the two men would have been really funny.

''She already knows who I am, so it's pointless to keep that a secret from my own allies'' Marinette said, still sounding as confident as Ladybug usually presented herself.

Alya saw in what felt like slow motion how the new information dawned on the two men. Their faces went from shock and awe to pity again as they took in who the girl standing in front of them was.

''You're the baker's daughter... the ones who got attacked'' Said man #1, not bothering to hide his emotions anymore.

''How is that possible!? It's so-''