Glamour

Juleka arrived very early that monday morning feeling oddly energized and happy. She still hadn't talked to Rose after their little fight, but seeing and speaking to her brother was apparently good enough to get her mood soaring. He didn't really tell her much, but the goth never needed to know all the details of his brother's life, she could be patient about that. But she needed something, any kind of reassurance that he was doing ok and not, what was that phrase she heard mom say? ''Losing sight of the music sheet'' or something along those lines. Whatever that meant. And she got it. Sort of.

Her worries had been that since graduating school, her brother was doing those little disappearance acts and lying poorly to conceal whatever he was doing, even mom was starting to notice something was off. Well, that, and that he hadn't enrolled in any university or conservatoire. Juleka shook her head. No . He asked for her trust and she was going to give it to him, now that he promised in exchange to let her know whenever he was gonna be off and when he would come back. For now, that was enough.

The tall girl sat on her usual desk and looked around the classroom. No signs of Rose yet, and, well, no signs of anyone actually. Only Nathaniel was in the room with her, too concentrated on his drawing to say hello. Juleka started wondering how much earlier had the redhead arrived when the doors opened. She felt some of her old shyness come back at the sight of her girlfriend, who looked directly at her as she walked towards their shared table.

''Hi'' Said Juleka, glad that Rose was looking at her in the eyes and no anger seemed to be tainting her expression , but still feeling awkward.

''Oh Juleka, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you like that, you were worried about Luka and I was unfair and-''

Juleka shut her up with an embrace, followed by a kiss. Rose took it gladly, they still probably had to talk about this, but it could wait until the class was over for the day. They could go back to that cafe and finish their afternoon surrounded by the pleasant smells and company, like they wanted to do the other day.

The goth did tell Rose that she talked to her brother, thanks to her little outburst. The pink loving girl was ecstatic, and they then switched to other topics as they waited for the class to start. One by one, the rest of the Francois-Dupont students entered the classroom and took their seats, chatting and filling the place with noise and life again. Almost everyone was there, except for Marinette and Chloe. There were only a few minutes before the teacher was supposed to arrive, so Juleka assumed Marinette would not be coming. The designer stopped being late a long time ago. The same couldn't be said about Chloe Bourgeois, though. The blonde opened the door a few seconds before the bells rang.

''Good morning my favorite peasants! Another happy day of studies and learning, yaaay!'' Exclaimed Chloe as she walked towards her seat. She sent kisses with her hands towards the class, which for the most part was just stunned at her antics. Juleka raised an eyebrow. Then Nino's snort interrupted the awkward silence, and the chatter started again until the teacher arrived.

''She must have had some good news'' Commented Rose at her side in a whisper.

''But the video...'' Said Juleka, confusion filling her brain again.

Surely Chloe must have seen that video that went viral over the weekend, right? It was probably part of why Marinette didn't come today, Juleka imagined that the designer weeped all night long and needed today to sleep, or maybe she got sick after going out in the cold to walk out her worry. Or maybe she didn't care at all anymore about their missing classmate and Marinette was just recovering from a normal cold. Juleka could not be sure anymore, since she hadn't talked to the girl in months. She didn't know what she was thinking or feeling, unlike before, when her and almost all the girls on this very classroom were the designers trusted confidants.