Daughter of Creation

Marinette woke up in a way she was getting maybe a bit too used to: Right next to Adrien. Days of draining herself healing her partner and staying as close to him as possible were not enough to stop her from blushing every time she saw his sleeping face in the morning light, and she hoped that would never change. No matter how childish her reactions might seem to other people, Marinette really enjoyed feeling all kinds of things related to Adrien Agreste, and if a little bit of embarrassment was the price to pay for all the others, she gladly would for the rest of their life.

The girl got up slowly, doing her best to not move the ex-model too much, though she doubted he would wake up anytime soon anyways. She didn't use her powers much last night, just enough to ease him into sleep in the middle of the night, when a fever half-woke him up, but that small check on him told her that he would probably sleep the whole day. And he needed to, she thought looking down on him, frown in her brow.

Her pondering got interrupted by a red blob that suddenly went through the door in a hasted pace. Tikki had been her alarm clock for the past year, but Marinette had a moment of confusion, wondering what got the tiny god in such a hurry when there was no school that week.

''Oh you're awake!'' Exclaimed Tikki as soon as she noticed the girl standing up. ''I couldn't bring your phone through the door, I left it right outside the room, quick Marinette!''

Her sleepy brain took a second longer than normal to process what was going on, but when she finally caught on the situation, she was completely awake and moving silently but fast towards the door. As she opened it looking at the floor for her phone, the vibrating stopped. The girl still didn't know what was so important that Tikki would be so inclined to make sure Marinette answered to it, considering the most important person in her life right now was calmly sleeping behind her. And then she saw the message. Or rather, messages.

''Oh my god! I totally forgot about my internship!'' She brought one hand to her forehead so fast it left a red mark there. ''I'm already disappointing Tina and we haven't even started'' She complained as she read through the various, worry-filled messages the designer left her that morning. The first one had been three hours ago, at 10 AM, an hour late from their appointed meeting time that saturday.

''What about the trial, Marinette?'' Asked Tikki.

''The trial?'' Her brain was still sleepy, apparently. ''Wait, is that today?!'' Tikki merely nodded in worry.

Marinette then proceeded to pace around in a circle, trying to figure out a way to do everything she needed to be doing that day. In her quest to retrieve her boyfriend from the claws of the agents (And death, don't forget death, Marinette), she had erased all her other duties for the week, and somehow that included the trial that would start at 3PM -In two hours- that would start the changes that Adrien much needed in his life right now... But it could all go wrong, still, couldn't it? Marinette had no idea what was going on in the political side of their issues, only that Chat Noir was no longer a criminal and that Gabriel Agreste had been completely silent since he got arrested. She had no idea what to expect from the trial, her only certainty is that she had to be there. And Adrien, but that was out of question, she decided quickly, stopping her pacing to look at his sleeping face one more time.

''He's in no condition to go anywhere'' Said Tikki, almost as if she had read her mind.

''He's not going anywhere, this is only the first court meeting of many, that much I know'' Her voice was surprisingly calm. ''And everyone saw the news, it's not gonna be a surprise to anyone that Chat Noir is indisposed... But Ladybug needs to be there to tell them'' She bit her fat finger's nail, but then caught herself and stopped.