Intro

He was two years old when he first started to admire heroes, and like any other kid was anxiously waiting for his quirk.

He was four when he was declared quirkless, and was subject to the bullying of all his classmates, while his teachers didn't even bat an eye in his direction.

He was five when he heard his father, being a fire-based pro hero working overseas, roaring over the telephone at having a quirkless, useless child. A waste of space, blaming Inko and her family's side for the weak quirks.

He was seven when his father, finally having come back from overseas and knowing that he was quirkless, saw him covered in burns and bruises, his mother protecting him, and burnt down the house in his rage. The house roared into flames, and Inko had tried to hide her son in a cupboard as the support beam fell and snapped her spine as she was closing the door.

Midoriya was seven when he was declared dead to the world, having died in the flames along with the rest of the Midoriya Household.

----------------------

Midoriya woke up, sitting in pile of ashes. He rubbed his head, and his eyesight felt fuzzy. Slowly, the ringing in his ears had disappeared, and he sat up, groaning.

He looked at his surroundings. He knew where he was. He recognised it. He was in a very remote area, where only gangsters and stragglers roamed. He had no idea what had happened from when he felt the searing heat of the fire licking against his skin to how he ended up in some alleyway. It was obvious the house had exploded, seeing as he was quite a distance away from his home.

It was then he registered the stinging pain in his shoulder. Grabbing it, he winced as he realised that there was a piece of metal stuck in his shoulder, either a pipe or some metal reinforcement from the house.

He was lucky that with all his classmates and Kacchan's bullying, he had built up quite a decent amount of pain tolerance. Still, that didn't stop him from hissing in pain as he jerked the metal pole out of his shoulder. He was lucky that it just tore the muscle, and didn't break any bones.

Suddenly, a scream rang out in the air.

And another lucky break for the green bean, he was wearing a hoodie, even though some of it was black and burnt, but he was able to pull his hood over his face as he gripped the metal pipe tightly, slowly trudging over to investigate.

----------------------

He found a woman, pinned against a wall, as a man held a knife at her throat. He wanted to scream, to yell for help, but the quickly covered his mouth. Yelling would probably startle the man, and he might hurt her on accident.

Then, all of a sudden, he didn't know why he moved, but his feet just did.

Pipe in hand, he whacked it against the man's skull. He didn't even see what hit him as he crumpled to the ground, groaning. The man quickly got up, and his arm transformed into a hammer, as he snarled, and attempted to smash the boy into sludge.

Horrified, the small boy took a step back, then another, before he gave a yelp and fell down. He watched as the man stalked closer to him, before suddenly, something latched onto his neck as he was forced to look upwards.

----------------------

Aizawa Shouta was thinking.

Here he was, perched over an alleyway. He saw a man holding a woman at knifepoint, and wanted to step in. However, he didn't know how to do that without accidentally injuring the woman, since scaring the man might make him accidentally slit the woman's throat.