Vigilance

It was impossible for Midoriya to get a proper night's rest. He had gotten way too much sleep in the hospital (blame those damned pain killers.. and probably Chiyo's quirk) and his body was practically hardwired to sleeping in the mornings or the afternoons and not at night.

Midoriya tossed and turned throughout the night. He couldn't sleep. But he was tired. He was used to moving around and working while tired though, and injured... and probably while he was bleeding out.

Midoriya groaned, flipping over and reaching for his phone. Shinsou had insomnia, didn't he? Midoriya felt bad bothering his friend, but he was tired of just turning around again and again in the middle of the night.

Izu: Yo! Toshi!

Toshi: Sup.

Toshi: Can't sleep?

Izu: Ya.

Toshi: Ok

Shinsou then send a huge amount of cat memes. Midoriya just stared as picture after picture flooded into their chat, confused.

Izu: What is this?

Toshi: Cat Memes.

Izu: What is a meme?

---------------------

Shinsou gasped when he read the message. IZU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT MEMES WERE!?

Midoriya had been deprived of a normal childhood for too long. When they met up at school again, Shinsou was going to have to introduce him to the world of cat memes.

Izu: The cats are cute though

Izu: I don't understand what these memes are

Izu: Why is this cat dancing?

---------------------

"Hello little listener!" Yamada bust into the 1-A dorms, greeting Midoriya, who was sitting at the dining table drinking something, while looking through and analysing the godsend amount of memes that Shinsou had spammed him with throughout the night.

"Hi." Midoriya replied, pushing over a cup of latte. Yamada had made it a habit to pop by in the mornings to keep him company before he went for homeroom, and Midoriya just made Yamada his latte to show how much he appreciated the company.

"Is that... Shouta's coffee?" Yamada asked, wrinkling his nose, "Did you add sugar?"

"Are you kidding me? Bitter black coffee is awesome! Why would you ruin such a perfect drink!?" Midoriya yelped.

"It's way too bitter!" Yamada screeched.

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Hi!" Kayama burst into the dorms. "How ya doing, Izuku?"

"I'm fine." Midorya replied as Yamada yelled, "Nemuri! He's drinking coffee! Black coffee! With no sugar!"

"So? He's been deprived of pretty much anything for the past seven years. Let him have his coffee."

Yamada stomped out, grumbling that Aizawa was a bad example as he fumed.

---------------------