Exam Trials

The rest of the week was uneventful for Midoriya. Once he was let out of the hospital, everyone stayed away from him, whispering away. Midoriya literally tried to hide behind Yamada the entire time, until the Voice Hero got sick of all the rumours and whispering floating around and practically yelled at everyone (while in civilian clothing) to leave Midoriya alone.

Since then, he just opted to stay in the hotel room the entire day, not daring to even exit. Yamada had to buy take outs for him. Midoriya didn't even dare to open the door.

He didn't blame the boy.

Being called useless and worthless was bad enough.

But to be feared by everyone, like he was some sort of rabid dog kept on a leash, and the leash might snap at any second, was worse.

It did make him feel better when Tensei came over to visit the boy, bringing an assortment of candy for him as a gift. Midoriya's mood had shot up instantly, and he had spent the rest of the day interrogating Tensei about his quirk and possible ways to apply his techniques to Iida. He seemed to be really curious about why grape and orange juice, and was wondering if the grape and orange flavoured Fanta drinks would ended up making their engines splutter or power them.

Yamada (finally being the voice of reason for once) refused to by grape soda.

Tensei left, taking a selfie with the smaller boy, just to tease Iida that he was the first to get a nice picture with the boy. And also to reassure him that both of them were fine.

And thanked Midoriya about a hundred times for unintentionally saving his life.

Midoriya was glad when the week for internships was over. He couldn't wait to get back to UA.

He just hoped his friends still cared about him....

--------------------

"You were awesome Izuku! You really kicked their butts!" Sato grinned.

"You were so manly! I saw the fight with Tetsu at our internship!" Kirishima cheered.

Midoriya could give a small grin in return as he sighed in relief.

His friends still cared about him.

"Oi, Izu, if you actually think we were gonna leave you because you beat a villain, you're very much mistaken," Shinsou smirked, resting his hands on the shorter boy's head, before placing his head on his hands, so Shinsou was practically leaning over him patronisingly like some sort of older sibling.

Midoriya was pretty sure he was close to bursting out into tears from relief.

"DEKU! I KNOW THAT EXPRESSION! IF YOU START CRYING I'LL BLAST YOU!" Bakugou roared. His hair was no long spikes, and was somehow miraculously tamed as it sat on his head. Sero was still laughing at him, and in a fit of rage Bakugou's hair exploded right back into place.

"I'm so glad you guys made it out safely! I was worried!" Yaoyorozu sighed.

"You were so cool though, Izuku! I was so scared when I saw you fighting Stain live!" Hagakure gushed, "I didn't know who would win!"

"Did you see the video?!" Kaminari pipped up, "Stain's pretty cool too! He has a one track mind and he's tenacious!"

"Denki-kun!" Midoriya hissed, and Kaminari gulped when he realised that Iida was there too.

"He was tenacious. And honestly, seeing him up close, declaring his ideals to everyone... It's a pity he chose purging as a result of those beliefs."