One

He sat there quietly, his eyes on his feet and his hands clutched together as he was waiting nervously for the principal to call out his name. He had been waiting for almost 20 minutes without any sign of movement from mr. Morrison's office. The school seemed enormous. Genji hadn't been able to take a look around this place just yet, but he wasn't sure if he truly wanted to. He himself had never attended a public school before with over thousands of students, and to be honest, after everything he had been through, he wasn't even sure if this was a good idea.
He took a deep breath as the door to the principals office opened and a blonde-haired man walked out. Behind him followed Gabriel, a dark skinned tall man, dressed in a simple dark hoodie.
Genji quietly lifts his head and looked up at a smiling Morrison who had reached out his hand to greet the boy. Genji didn't take it, he simply looked down back at his feet, not in mood to talk to anyone at the moment.
" I told you Jack, the boy has been through a lot..." Gabriel spoke, gently putting a hand on Genji's shoulder.
" I see... well please follow me Genji, there's something I would like to talk to you about before you head to your first class." Genji quietly looks up at Gabriel. He simply nods at Genji as a sign of approval and Genji slowly stands up from his seat, gently grabbing his Green backpack that had been laying behind his chair until now. As silent as it was possible to get, he followed Mr.Morrison into his office and entered the room. He was shown to a seat in front of his desk and took a seat, placing his school back behind his chair.
" Reyes has informed me about your situation... as far as I'm aware, you're living with Reyes who's your guardian at the moment. Am I right?" Genji quietly nods in response.
" he also told me about your past in Japan.. and that you're actually in danger... by the sound of it, it seems like your father is looking for you, but sadly it's not for your good. Reyes told me you're in hiding from them, Reyes wouldn't give me the details and I believe that is none of my business, but if there's anything you need, please come and talk to me, I will do anything I can to help."
Genji quietly nods again. Now there were two people who knew about what was going on. Did Reyes really trust this guy...? Was he going to be safe there? His father was a powerful man, would he be able to track Genji and Reyes all the way to America? Would his father really be doing anything to get him killed?
All these thoughts were running through Genji's head when he suddenly was Snapped back to reality. He looked up at Morrison who had been calling out his name.
" genji... do you hear me?" He sounded very worried. Genji felt ashamed of suddenly losing his head, but quietly nods in return.
" alright... for your own safety, we have agreed on signing you in here with a different name. Surname of course, Shimada wouldn't be so very smart to use if you're supposed to be in hiding. So what about Reyes...? He's your guardian angel after all, but only if you agree." Jack pulled out some papers and handed them to Genji for him to sign under.
" what you're signing under now is that you're allowing Gabriel Reyes to adopt you, to allow him to take care of you until you come of age."
This came as a surprise to Genji. He turned to look at Gabriel through the glass to Morrison's office, and saw him shyly turn away. This somehow brought a small smile onto Genji's face. He was in here because Gabriel was to shy/scared to ask him himself, so he needed help from Jack to ask him. Genji turns back and quickly nods.
" alright... i don't really mind" Genji mumbled, now feeling a little bit better.
" Genji Reyes then, why don't you just sign under these papers and then you will be free to finally join your classes." He handed Genji a small red pen and he kindly took it, signing under the papers. One that gave Gabriel Reyes the right to be his guardian and another paper that confirmed him as a student at Overwatch high.
" thank you a lot Genji. I hope you will find peace here at our school, perhaps new friends as well. Here's your schedule, your next class will be Math." He pointed at one of the squares that were colored green, symbolizing math.
" the teachers have been informed about your arrival, now... I have called another student to come here and show you around. Show you to your classes, show your locker and on it goes, he's here to help, so if you join me please" Jack stood up and excited his office. Genji quietly follows him out. As they both walked out, Reyes stood up from his seat, giving Genji a worried look before he put a hand on the boys shoulder.
" I I'm here for you alright?" He smiled nervously down at him. He wasn't used to care so much for anyone, and especially not a kid he hadn't known until a month ago. Gabriel Reyes was a police officer. But not just any kind of regular police officer, he was a undercover agent working for the secret organization Blackwatch. For about a month ago, he had been sent to Japan to gather intel on the big Shimada clan that were suspected to be dealing with illegal mafia business. What he hadn't expected to stumble across was Genji.

Genji nods at him. He could see that he was deeply nervous, but he knew the boy was strong. " alright.." Genji finally spoke as he took a deep breath and ran his fingers through his green colored hair. His natural hair color was black of course, but he had always loved the color green and thought it would look good on him.
" Genji, this is Lúcio. He's one of our brightest minds here at overwatch high and well known for his music. I've asked him to show you around." Jack told him.
Genji gave Lúcio a short nod.
" and ima show you everything you need to know! No need to worry my bro, with me on the tracks, you won't be lost." Lucio grins widely as he reaches out his hand towards Genji to greet him. Genji hesitated for a second before he took it. This guy seemed alright, that he had to admit.
" Genji... my name is Genji" Genji spoke, giving Lúcio a little smile. A wide smile crossed his face and he threw his right arm around Genji's shoulders, leading him out of the office to show him around, him talking nonstop.
Genji gave Gabriel one last look before he disappeared with Lucio out the door.
He watched them both leave, and he could feel Jacks eyes on him.
" you care for him ... don't you.." Jack quietly speaks, crossing his arms as he watches the boys walk out.
" I... I guess I do..." Gabriel quietly admits, almost not believing this himself.
" he will be safe here... don't worry. His father won't be able to find him here, and we won't be sharing any information about genji to anyone, Ana and Winston are the only ones who knows anything about this case and they're not going to betray us, just like old days"
" yeah... just like good old days..." Gabriel replies, looking down at his feet. He knew jack was right, and he knew genji was more safe here than any other place, but he was still worrying about him. What if Genji wasn't safe...? What if no one here would accept him or become friends with him? Was this how it felt to be a ... father?