Chapter 2: Aaron 11/14/19

Aaron walked down the dark driveway of his college apartment complex. A white car had pulled up which he assumed was Grace's sister dropping her off. It'd been pretty lucky her sister had been able to pick her up from the bus station.

Grace stepped out of the passenger's seat of the car, she was wearing a dress, she was mostly covered up by her jacket, but her pale legs glowed in the night she shivered against.

"Hey," Aaron said.

"Hi!" said Grace, smiling nervously.

Grace grabbed her bags from the back seat, her sister gave Aaron a smile, and waved to Grace, then drove off without a word.

"I'm glad I caught you, I was just about to call and tell you I was here," Grace said.

"Yeah," Aaron answered. "So we'll drop your bags off at my apartment and then head out, is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine. Sorry I got all dressed up, this is my sister's favorite game."

"Oh yeah? Dress up, huh?"

"Yeah, it usually also involves a photo shoot afterward, ha ha," Grace giggled nervously as her heeled boots clicked against the stairs leading to the door of Aaron's building, he opened it for her. She hesitated for a moment and then walked inside.

Grace waited for him to take the lead up the stairs.

Three flights up, and they arrived. Aaron turned the key to his door and they stepped in. The main living space was dark, and he left it that way, not bothering to turn on a light. He'd cleaned the apartment a bit in preparation for her being here, and his roommates had kept it tidy.

He led Grace to his bedroom, and she threw her bags up onto his bed.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready."

In the car, Grace nervously chattered about her bus ride, filling the silence. Aaron noticed that grace didn't handle silence well.

"Your apartment's cute," She said, trying to make conversation.

Aaron obliged. "Yeah, I cleaned it up a bit before you came, I was going to sweep the kitchen, and then I discovered we don't have a broom."

"None of you? That's pretty funny," she giggled.

That was another thing Grace did when she was nervous, she giggled.

Aaron turned the music in his car up a bit, Grace seemed to relax, content to let music fill the quiet.

When they arrived at the bar and grill Grace had wanted to go to for her birthday, she seemed to be a bit more comfortable. They got to their table and took their coats off.

Dress up, huh? In proper light, Aaron could see much more than just the bright red lipstick Grace was wearing, her sister had applied much more makeup than she usually wore. Her dress was a rich silvery dark green lace over top a nude dress form, giving almost the illusion of her being naked, but not quite. Grace's breasts were exposed by the swooping neckline. He only glanced at them for a moment when she wasn't looking. It was all too easy to remember what bare breasts looked like.

Grace picked up the beer list, and Aaron followed suit.

"Oh great, they have my beer," He said cheerily.

"What's your beer?"

"Yuengling."

Grace scoffed.

"What?"

"Nothing, I'm just a beer snob," she answered.

"Oh? Microbrewery IPA girl, eh?"