Chapter 10: Aaron 11/16/19

Aaron woke up before Grace, but didn't get up. She was all tangled up with him, her head resting on his chest, her legs wrapped around his. He stroked her head, and reached for his phone, unplugging it and checking his notifications.

Grace had posted a selfie of them from dinner on her birthday. It was a nice picture. They were both smiling, and Aaron was raising his half empty pint glass.

He had a text from his mom.

'Noah is in town visiting Mikey, I told him to text you but I'm sure he forgot,' it read.

Grace mumbled something and stirred. He looked down at her. She opened her eyes for a moment, and then snuggled back into him. He chuckled to himself and started a new message to Noah.

'You in town?' He typed and hit send.

Grace woke up and stretched next to him.

"Oh hey," he greeted her.

Grace just grunted in response. Aaron giggled to himself. She was so groggy in the morning.

Aaron swung his legs over the side of the bed and started walking out the door.

"No..." Grace whined.

Aaron turned. "What?"

"My personal heater..." She whined again.

Aaron turned and leaned over her on the bed.

"Oh yeah?" He asked.

She folded her arms around his neck. "Don't leave," she pleaded.

He lifted her out of bed. "Come on, get up," he laughed.

She flopped back down onto the bed.

"I don't wanna," she said.

"Well, I'm getting out of bed," he said, walking into the bathroom.

When Aaron got out of the bathroom Grace was in the kitchen making coffee. He walked up behind her and hugged her, propping his chin up on her shoulder. She turned to look at him.

"Well hey," she said.

"Hey, how's it going?" He asked.

"Good, you want coffee?"

"Yeah sure," he answered, and let her go.

Grace's boxers were pulled up high on her legs, her hair was up in a bun on top of her head. She looked cute. Grace finished setting up the coffee maker and headed for the bathroom.

Jordan opened the fridge and had an idea.

"Hey, you know how to cook and stuff right?" He called to her.

"Yeah," she answered from the bathroom.

"You wanna make nachos tomorrow?" He asked.

Grace walked out brushing her teeth, and gave him a thumbs up, nodding.

He closed the fridge and checked his phone.

A text from Noah lit up the screen.

'Yeah, I'm hanging out with Erin later tonight. Text her and ask if you can come over.'

Aaron typed.

'You want me to just invite myself over?' Aaron frowned at the screen.

'Yeah, just ask her," Noah responded.

Aaron rolled his eyes.

"So I gotta take a shower, can I just use your shower stuff? I couldn't fit mine in my bag," Grace requested, interrupting Aaron's thoughts.