prologue

S T E L L A

The crowd that swarmed around the two cars was bigger than any I had ever seen before. The sounds surrounding me were nauseating; booming music, the shouting, the high bidding. What was more sickening was the burning feeling of my exposed skin as men looked at me with their hungry eyes and girls gave me dirty looks.

I never pictured myself being that girl, but here I am standing between two roaring engines with a checkered flag gripped tightly in my hands.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Stel? Get out of here!" Luke yelled from his car, revving his engine louder.

"You know exactly what I'm doing," I managed to say over all the chaotic noises around us. "Just trust me, Luke."

I watched Luke shake his head, motioning for me to come closer to his window. I bent down, leaning my hand on the frame of his lowriding mustang as he brought his mouth to my ear.

"I swear to the man above you'll be the death of me, Stella Anne."

_

omg im so excited for this, you guys have no idea. streetracing!luke is gonna be so damn good like i fucking cant lol

i also LOVE this gif of him and had to fucking downsize the file in photoshop bc it was too big for wattpad but i forgot how to do that so that was a pain to relearn ahaha so enjoy that pls

im really trying to keep up with updating my other fics along with publishing this so please message me if im being shitty at updates!

much love (((:

xo