1. She's Kinda Hot

S T E L L A

"Could you pass me that socket wrench, Stella?"

"What size socket?"

"Um- lets try three fourths."

Attaching the bit to the wrench, I passed it to Calum as he was laying on a creeper board under a truck he was working on. I watched him as he gave me a curt nod before rolling back under the vehicle and resuming his work.

I sat back down in my office chair to continue the paper work for all the vehicle inspections and repairs that my brother managed to do last month. I hated paper work as much as the next guy but Calum was so bad at it to the point that we would lose more money than we were supposed to be earning in process.

I scanned over the screen as a puzzled look came across my face, double checking that I was reading our numbers right. We managed to surpass our monthly quota by a several thousand dollars even though we had less clients than the month before. I already had an idea of how it happened but I also wanted to see if there was another reason before I accused him.

"Hey Cal," I started, walking over to where he was and squatting down beside the truck tire. "How is it that our numbers went up by six thousand dollars but our recorded clients numbers went down?"

Calum was silent, clearing his throat as he remained under the truck.

"It must've been t-that one Audi I worked on," he stammered quietly, "the guy had tons of problems with his fuel injectors."

I sighed, leaning under the truck to grab the top of the creeper board and pulled him out so I could look at his guilty face.

"That Audi didn't even have fuel injectors, it had a fucking carburetor." I slapped him lightly on the side of his head for lying, causing him to wince. "I'm not stupid, Cal. Tell me where this money is coming from or I'm gonna key your car."

Calum sighed, wiping dark residue off of hands with the bottom of his dirty muscle tee.

"I've been doing work for some of my good friends-"

"You mean your illegal, street racing friends?" I stated, earning another sigh from my brother.

"It's not as bad as you think it is, Stella," Calum justified, standing up from the rolling board and walking over to my computer in the small office. "I got that six grand just from one guy. No one else was willing to work on his car-"

"Because it's illegal, stupid!" I laughed out of frustration. "I cannot believe you're doing this again. You know how much shit we could get into if you get caught?"

"It was a one time deal, he was desperate and it was a bigger fix than he could manage on his own." Calum ruffled his bleached hair, shaking his head at me.

"Yeah, that's what you told me the last time with Mikey and then a week later, he slipped your name to some other guys and then you had five illegal cars in here at once." I punched his shoulder.

Calum was notorious for getting swamped with street racers coming in a week before a big bet, leaving us with stuck with the risk of getting caught with the possession of the cars and arrested for running an illegal autoshop. The last thing I needed was for Calum to get fined and put in jail for helping out his friends. These guys were constantly on the run, driving without plates or vehicle registration because they managed to smuggle their imported cars overseas and into Australia.

"Stel, look at me." Calum held me by my shoulders, giving me solemn eyes and a sincere smile. "No one is going to rat me out and I'm not going to jail. I promise."

I sighed, pushing him off of me. "I just can't help but worry about you. You're all I got."

Calum's face fell quickly after he processed my last words, scooping me into his arms to give me a long hug. "Damn, I hate when you play that card on me."

"So does mean you're gonna stop helping your friends?" I pout, waiting for his response.

"Yeah, Stel. I'm not gonna do anymore favors, okay?" Calum reassured me, looking down at me.

"Okay." I sighed, feeling him squeeze my small figure one last time before walking back to the truck.

I pull out my chair again, prepared to be consumed by all of the paperwork I was about to sort through for the next few hours. As soon as I sat back in my seat, I hear a voice echo in the garage greeting Calum.

"Hey Hood," the man's tone was deep but cheery, "if you could do me a solid, I got quite the job for you."

I turned around quickly, standing yet again from my chair. I walked over to office doorway, leaning against the wood frame to see Calum interacting with the broad figure that just walked in.

"Hey Luke," Calum walked over to his friend, giving the blonde man a quick handshake. "Yeah, I could take a look."

"Calum." I called out, watching him and Luke whip their heads around to look in my direction. "What did we just talk about?"

Calum sighed, "I know, but it's Luke. He's the last favor I-"

"Since when did you get a billing girl?" Luke interrupted Calum, glancing at him as he spoke before looking back to me. "She's kinda hot."

"I'm his sister, jackass." I remark, crossing my arms as I looked him up and down with stern eyes.

"Yeah, my little sister," Calum added, punching Luke's shoulder. "Not cool, man."

"Shit- sorry, mate." Luke apologized, rubbing his shoulder. "I didn't even recognize her."

"Yeah because the last time you saw her she was like twelve, dude."

"Oh you're Hemmings." I comment as I began to recognize some of his familiar features.

He surely changed a bit, as the only thing that remained the same was the piercing that was tacked through is lip and his bright, blue eyes. Other than that, my memory of his lanky, high school anatomy was no more and he somehow managed to grow taller.

"Yeah yeah," Luke replied with a smile that only lasted a second, "And you're little Stella Anne Hood."

"Dear god, how do you even remember that?" I ask, cringing at his use of my full name.

"Yeah, mate. That's a little creepy." Calum eyed his friend, shaking his in disbelief.

"I don't know, I just remember stuff like that." Luke furrowed his brows, rolling his eyes.

"Anyways, Calum agreed that he isn't doing anymore favors." I quickly changed the subject so I could make my point. "So Calum, please kindly tell Luke to leave?"

Calum stood still, looking between Luke and I with hesitation.

"But-"

"Calum."

"But it's Luke, you know L-"

"Calum! You promised."

"Okay, technically I promised I wouldn't get caught."

"I don't understand how you're the older one." I groaned. "You're an absolute pain in my ass, Cal."

I walked away with frustration, slamming the office door closed. I looked out of the small glass window, giving him two middle fingers before sitting back in my office chair.

_

so stella is calum's little sister AHAHA i couldn't imagine having calum as a brother cus i think it would be so chaotic

i really wanna keep up with this so i'm gonna update on saturday (or at least im planning on it)

xo