11. Make Out Point

S T E L L A

"I've actually never knew about this spot."

"Well, I told I'd take you places you've never been before."

I rolled my eyes at Luke's reply, sinking back into the leather seat of Calum's car as he placed the vehicle in park. 

We got caught up in a small argument after I said that I've seen everything in our small town. Luke, of course, did not believe me for a second. He quizzed me on practically every nook and cranny that our town had to offer. The only one that was unfamiliar to me was a scenic lookout that Luke was terrible at explaining. At first, I had a good feeling that I knew where he was talking about and he was just bad at navigating, but he proved me wrong.

The amount of trust I began building for Luke was scary. If he were anyone else, I would have assumed that he was driving me through this woody path to kill me or something on that level. Miles from home, it seemed odd for my fight or flight to not kick in at this point, but I knew it was because it was Luke. 

Luke was bad, but he was safe. Or at least I knew he could keep me safe. Physically.

"It's not half bad, right?" Luke chuckled, unhooking his seatbelt as he sipped on his slurpee. 

I nodded, taking in the sea of lights that made up the neighboring town. "It's actually really nice. How'd you find it?"

"Well, funny story actually," Luke smirked, repositioning himself against the interior car door to face me better, "it was after a race and I-"

"Oh let me guess. You were running from the police?" I laugh, taking a sip of my own drink as I faced the blonde in the same manner.

"Actually, no." Luke motioned his drink toward me in a professor-like fashion. "I was actually chasing down this one guy because he cheated. Bastard cut one of my hoses before our race and I realized it right after. He tried to lose me by driving up here but I caught him and made him cough up the money."

"How'd you make him cough it up?"

"Well I took his wallet and pushed him down the hill, let him tumble for a while."

"As one does." I nodded, internally laughing at myself for forgetting how juvenile Luke could be at times. 

And you like it, my inner voice teased. 

I looked out the windshield of the Pontiac, breaking my attention away from Luke before he could comment about the way I stare. It truly was a decent view, far better than most of the popular spots in town. The little look out was comforting in a way, even in the darkness, and it didn't seem far fetched to correlate that comfort with Luke being in my presence.

I could feel Luke's eyes shamelessly looming over me with his usual wordless and confident demeanor. Although I had enough courage to catch his eyes, I knew that his blue bays would only lock with my own until I was flustered enough to break the silent battle myself. So I continued to look out toward the view, taking in every twinkling light the near by city had to offer. 

"How are you sitting like this with your seat belt on?" Luke snickered as I watched him lean toward me in my peripheral vision. He unbuckled the restraint, releasing it gently so it wouldn't recoil too harshly against me.

I let out a quiet laugh, looking down at my lap before stealing a small glance at the racer. I looked away right before I could catch a clearer image of his notorious smirk, continuing to gaze at the city lights. 

"Why won't you look at me, Stel-la-la?" Luke cooed, a chuckle passing through his lips in the process. 

Maybe it was because the way the lowlight hit his face was too good to be true, or the fact that his eyes managed to glimmer in even the darkest of settings. I knew that if I looked at Luke for a second too long, one of the many urges that I have managed to bury for the past month would effortlessly unveil itself. I also knew that this would soon turn into a moment that would have a point of no return, and I was not sure if I could afford it.