Chapter VI

Chapter 6

They were grave marks.

The things that Alucard saw were actually grave marks, each with a complete name of the person buried under them. The odd things he also found are the flowers placed on every grave, fresh and beautiful. Someone buried these people and dedicates flowers to them. The penmanship in each grave is also consistent and beautiful which means that it was only a single man who did this. The person must still be around here somewhere but he needs to confirm if Edel is one of the people underground. He started reading all the names, looking for the last name Rose. It took a lot of time but he made sure to read every single one of them. Every grave is close to their family. He read the surname Walton fifteen times consecutively which means the Rose family is also together.

He was at the fiftieth when he found what he was looking for. Unlike the other ones with wooden markings, these two were made of beautiful sedimentary rocks polished and clean. There were also bouquets of fresh roses in them.

Here lies Raven Arrya Rose
The Coolest Scythe Wielding Grandma to Ever Exist
She died protecting her granddaughter

Here lies Chance Galahad Rose
The Sweetest Grandpa Snipper in the Whole World
He died protecting his granddaughter

These are Charles's parents! They died protecting Edelweiss and there was no grave with another person with the name Rose or Edelweiss which means that Charles's daughter was still alive. Alucard rejoiced knowing this. She must be the one bringing all this flowers along with the person that buried all of these people.

Poor girl, the horror that she's been through. He should find her immediately and get her out of this place. But where is she?

*Arrfff *Arrff

He heard barking from behind him. He saw a tiny dog when he turned, wagging its tail in excitement. The dog went near him and sniffed his shoes while circling him, almost as if it was inspecting him. He also inspected the dog and found that it was not a dog, it was a wolf cub. One with a collar at that. Its collar is made out of red leather with a metal heart attached to it with engraving "Zwei".

"You must be a pet. Care to lead me to your master?" he spoke to it. The wolf tilted its head in confusion while its tongue was sticking out.

"Stupid. Of course, he wouldn't understand you." he reprimanded himself.

He suddenly heard a whistle and the dog started running away, probably going to its master. He ran after it to know the person and probably get some answers.

The wolf cub ran back to the ruined village and trotted to a path up a hill, which he only noticed now. He followed the small animal making sure to never lose it from his sight. The hill was only small but it was exhausting to climb. He finally reached the top of the hill and saw a beautiful two-story house with a lovely garden. Vines and creatures of nature hadn't crawled up to its walls unlike the ones below the hill. It was well maintained as if someone was taking care of it.

"Who are you?" A blond girl stood up from behind rose bushes. She had emerald eyes but one was covered with an eye patch. She wore a short crimson ballooned dress with a thin frilled strap. The dress has many layers also with white frills and string corset design in the torso. It made the girl look like a stunning doll, especially because of her curling hair. Although it was very minute, Alucard can recognize the resemblance between Charles and the girl in from of him. It is without a doubt Ruby Edelweiss Rose, Mistress of the Rose family.

 It is without a doubt Ruby Edelweiss Rose, Mistress of the Rose family