Chapter-1

Chapter-1

I was sitting in my dorm doing my Psychology homework. The dorm door opens and I assume its Brandon. Brandon's my bodyguard. He's the kind of guy that all the girls are after. Tall, 6'4, muscular very built. Perfect body. Unlike him, I'm 5'7 and skinny. Dark, short hair, sometimes sweeps across his forehead. Dark, blue eyes, unlike my light bright blue ones. The kind of guy a girl would die for. Girls are always all over him. Except me. He just annoys me.

"Hey did you get the answer to number 3 on the Psychology homework?" I turn in my chair to look at him, but its not him.

"Hello, princess." The man smiles while taking out his knife. I can already tell, another assassin. He lunges for me and I scream, jumping to the side. I'm quick to get to my feet, but he grabs me by my ankle, pulling me back down. "Where do you think your going?" He flips me over and I kick the knife away. He scrambles to get it and I kick him hard, sending him crashing into the desk. He grabs the glass of water and next thing I know, its being smashed at the top, side of my forehead. It shatters, and the force knocks me down. Grabbing the knife, he straddles my waist and puts it up to my throat. "I don't suggest trying that again." I swing my right fist and it clashes into the side of his face. He grunts and picks me up, only to slam me hard back down. There's a sharp pain in my head and my vision blurs. He pushes the knife closer to my throat. I can feel it being dragged across from the side of my neck, getting close to my throat.

Then, he's off me and on the ground a few feet away. My hand goes to my throat. Its not cut thank God, but the side of my neck is, and it was close. I look at my hand and blood stains my fingers. I look up to see Brandon punching the assassin, over and over again. Blood trickles down the side of my face.

Brandon stands up and makes his way over to me. The assassin is out cold, covered in his own blood. Brandon kneels down in front of me. He tilts my chin up and looks at my head and neck. "Shit. Let me get the first aid kit." He walks into the bathroom and comes back out with it. "The cut on your neck isn't too bad, no need for stitches." He puts a bandage on it. "But the one on your head, has a piece of glass stuck in it. You'll need stitches."

Pulling out the tweasers, he turns my head to the side. I brace myself for it. He begins to try and pull the piece out. "Ow!"

"Stop complaining and sit still." He holds my face still and pulls the piece of glass out. "Got it." He puts it down and gets ready to do the stitches.

I look over at the assassin, but he's not there. Out of the corner of my eye, I see him. "Look out!" I push Brandon out of the way and he's on his feet in a second. The assassin swings and Brandon ducks. Brandon tackles him to the ground and punches him repeatedly. "Don't kill him!"

"He tried to kill you!" He continues to punch him.

"That doesn't mean you should kill him.." I look away and the sound of his fists clashing into the assassins face stops. When I look back over, Brandon is getting off of him. Once again, rendering him unconscious.

"There, happy? I didn't kill him." He kneels back over and begins doing my stitches. I bite my lip to keep quiet. It hurts but its bearable.

After awhile he finishes the stitches and cleans it off. "Change out of the bloody clothes, then pack. We have to get out of here."

I grab my clothes and go into the bathroom to change. I shout through the door to Brandon, "Where are we going?"

"I'm not sure yet." His tone is a bit irritable, as usual.

I walk out and he calls my parents, explaining everything that happened while packing his things. I pack my own stuff.

He hangs up and finishes packing. "We're going home."

"Home??" I haven't been home in a long time. I only go home every once in awhile for a short time to visit. "Is it safe?"

"Its never safe. But I'll be there, remember? I'm always there." He grabs his things and I grab mine. "Let's get going."

Leaving the room, I shut the door and follow him to the car. We drive off to the airport.

We board my family's private jet. I hate planes. I put my things up and take my seat, buckling up. Gripping onto the arm rests it takes off. Once its level, the ride is smooth and I relax a little. I unbuckle the belt and lay on the bed part of the jet. Leaning back I allow myself to drift off to sleep, at least I'll have something to do for the next 8 hours.

------------

Run, don't stop! I told myself. The Rebellion's after me. I can't stop. I keep pushing myself further and further.

I'm running in the woods. Its dark and the fog is so thick I can barely see 3 feet in front of me. Leaves and twigs being crushed, animals making noises, yelling, its all I hear.

"We're coming for you," they say in a low voice. It sounds as if their only a few feet behind. I push myself harder to run further. I can barely catch my breath.

"Brandon!" I scream but no one comes. He's always around but why isn't he now? "Brandon!!"

"He's gone. He was in the way. Now its your turn," the voices call from behind. Tears stream down my face. Rough hands grab my shoulders. A scream escapes my lips and I know its the last sound to ever come from me. And that was it.

----------------

"Elena wake up!" Brandon stands over me, shaking my shoulders. My eyes blink and I suck in a sharp breath. He helps me sit up. "You were having a nightmare. You screamed my name and everything. Are you alright?" I nod silently and he stands. "We'll be landing soon. Buckle up." He sits in his seat and I sit in mine. We buckle up and the plane lands.

A bit shaken up still, I look out the window. The plane dips down and lands smoothly. Brandon looks out the window. "Home sweet home."