Chapter-13

Chapter-13

-Brandon

Its been hours, I've been pacing back and forth the whole time. I see how she felt when I was shot, but I'm more impatient.

The Doc walks out, covered in blood. He removes his scrubs. "The bullet was lodged in her leg, about an inch from an artery. It was hard to get out but we managed to. But-," I hate but's, their never good, "she lost a lot of blood. She's having a blood transfusion, she'll be weak and out of it for awhile. I was able to take care of the stab wound, although it was deep. She should be okay, she just needs to take it easy and when she is well enough to be released she'll be on crutches, make sure her wounds stay clean. She doesn't need an infection. Now I know your going to argue with me like she did if I don't let you in, so go ahead. She's not awake yet, and wont be for awhile." He walks off and I go into the room and pull up a chair next to the bed.

Running my hands over my face, stressfully. I feel terrible. I sigh and fold my arms on the side of the bed. I rest my head on them and hold her hand with one of mine. Its about 2 hours before I fall asleep.

-------------

I didn't sleep very well due to the noisy beeping machines. Only for about 2 hours. I look up at Elena. She moans, she must be in some pain. Her eyes blink open and look around. I smile over at her. She gives a weak smile and uses the bed remote to sit the bed up a little.

She tries to talk, her voice is really quiet. "What happened?"

"I took care of Aaron, and I carried you to the car, drove here, carried you inside. And the doctors did the rest." I'm a little glad she didn't remember what was said between me and Aaron and about my feelings.

Recognition spreads over her face. "I remember. I was really out of it, part of it I wasn't sure was really happening. But I think all of it really happened.." She looks up at the ceiling.

"Are you okay? How do you feel?"

"Like my ex-boyfriend just shot me and stabbed me and beat me. And my now new ex-boyfriend helped him get away with it."

"Well if it makes you feel better, I roughed them up."

She smiles. "..It makes me feel a little better."

A knock on the door turns our attention. Her parents walk in. "How are you feeling?" Her father sits.

"Like I just told him. Like my ex-boyfriend shot, stabbed, and beat me. And my now new ex-boyfriend helped him get away with it. So just absolutely perfect!"

"Such a shame. I was hoping you would marry Liam." Her mother shakes her head and sits next to her father.

Her eyes tear up and she looks away. "Well I'm not. And I probably wont marry anyone for a long time from now."

"You know the deal. If you don't find someone, we'll find one for you." Its as if her mother is more concerned with that than her own daughter's health.

Elena's head snaps towards her. "Oh really? Because you suggested Liam and look what happened! No thanks, your choices are no better than mine."

"Then I suggest you find someone on your own instead, or I will find you someone." Her mother has a blank face, as of no emotion.

"I swear all you care about is me getting married and your precious country! You didn't even care enough to ask how I felt! You go straight to the marriage and not about what happened and I'm tired of it! Just leave!" She sits up, and attempts to stand and walk but starts to fall, since she can't due to her wound and weakness. I'm quick to my feet to catch her. I sit her down on the bed and turn towards her parents.

"I think you should go..your upsetting her and she doesn't need this right now." I look back at Elena to make sure she's alright. Her parents stand and her mother is the first to go.

Her father stops and turns, "I'm sorry sweetheart, I didn't want this for you either. Just take it easy and get better. Love you." He leans down and kisses her head before leaving with her mother.

The door closes and Elena puts her face in her hands. She starts crying. Oh God I'm terrible at comforting people. I don't really know what to do.

"Elena please don't cry. Everything will be okay. You'll be okay. Please stop crying.." I pull her hands away from her eyes and wipe her tears.

"I'm never going to find someone and be happy. Everytime I try, they try and kill me." She sobs.

"They don't deserve you."

"..Is what you said true?"

"What are you talking about?"

"When you told Aaron I was perfect..did you mean it?"

I'm silent at first. I was hoping she wouldn't remember that part. "Yes. I meant every word."

"What about what Aaron said?"

I look down. "What he said doesn't matter."

She tilts my face up to look at her. "It matters to me.."

"..It was true.. What he said about me was true. But about you being easy isn't true. Every bad thing he's said about you, don't listen to it. Its not true. Your amazing and you don't deserve the shit he's done to you. Arthur was right, you deserve the best kind of love there is." And that's when she does something I didn't expect.

She straddles my waist in the chair I'm sitting in, and she kisses me.