Chapter-8

Chapter-8

-Elena

Its hard to sleep at night, knowing its possible you wont wake up the next morning. Knowing people are after you. And everyone you care for. Which is why I didn't sleep at all last night. Now I've never been one to sleep in their parents' bed at night. But I don't want to sleep alone at night.

Getting out of bed, I shower, then get dressed in my royal dress of the day. Great! Note the sarcasm.

There's a knock on my door and I turn to look. "Come in."

Arthur brings a tray of food to my room. "Breakfast." I smile at him. He's like another father to me, or grandfather since he's a bit old. But not too old that he's slow and not active.

"Thank you Arthur."

He sets the tray down at my desk. "Your parents would like to speak with you after you eat."

"About what?"

"Who you plan to marry." He gives me a sympathetic look. I give a fake smile and nod. "Now I've known you all of your life, and I'm not a fool. I know that's a fake smile."

My fake smile fades. "I know..I just..I'm not ready for marriage. They don't understand that. I want to fall in love first. With someone I've met on my own. I haven't even been looking for someone to marry."

Arthur walks over and sits on the bed next to me. "I know you do. But you are the princess. You'll have to marry and take the throne. It is your duty to your country."

I nod. "I know it is..I don't want to sound like a bitchy princess but..its not fair."

Arthur laughs a little. "Child you are no where close to..uh..bitchy," my eyes widen a little and my mouth drops. Arthur rarely curses and to hear him curse is like a life acheivement, and really funny. He smiles. "You know what I think?"

"What?"

"You've already met the person you should marry. You just don't realize it yet. There's that theory. There's also, that you like someone, maybe even love. But you aren't sure if they feel the same way or if their marriage material. Or you just fear of going through what you did with Aaron." He winks, as if knowing he's right about one of those things. "And if any of those things are true you should go out and find the love you deserve. Not the love you think you deserve, because I know you and I know that you think you don't deserve that great of love. But the love others think you deserve, the love you do deserve, is the best kind of love there is."

I smile. "Man. Why is it old people always have to be smart, and most of the time, right?"

"I will have you know I am young!" He smiles.

"Yeah, young at heart. Its okay Arthur, your the most active old person I've ever met."

"I know you meant that as a compliment but its not a very good one."

I laugh lightly.

He smiles and stands back up. "I'll leave you to eat."

"Thank you." He nods and leaves the room. I go over and eat my breakfast quietly.

Once finished I go down to the throne room. My parents are discussing business as usual. When I approach they look up. My mother is the first to speak. "We must discuss something with you."

"I know, I know. Marriage. Blah blah blah."

"Then you must already know what we've come up with." She stands, my father following her suit.

"No." I have a feeling whatever it is, it wont be good.

"Your father and I have decided that, you must find someone appropriate to marry in the next 3-6 months, or we will find someone for you."

"What?? That's not enough time! I can't find the perfect person and fall in love in just a few months!"

"Do not raise your voice!" My mother pauses and composes herself. "If you cannot find someone, we will find someone for you. Maybe that young boy Liam would make a good suiter."

"Him?? No way in hell! And you cannot just force me to marry someone I do not love, I'm 21 for godsake!"

"Watch your language young lady! And for the sake of our country, and as the King and Queen, we can. You will not disobey." She sits back down in her seat.

"Disobey? Oh now your ordering me around like some random person, and not your daughter?? Wow shows what great parents you are!" Note the sarcasm. I turn on my heel and rush off. I can't believe they would do this! That's not enough time for me to find someone.

"Hey, whats up?" Brandon walks by. I ignore him, too mad right now. He turns and catches up with me. "What's wrong?"

I ignore his question. "Shouldn't you be resting? You over-did it yesturday. You should be laying down."

"I'll be fine. Now tell me what's wrong?"

I sigh. "My parents are forcing me to find someone to marry in the next 3-6 months, or their going to find someone for me."

He frowns. "They can't do that."

"They can. Its basically a command. And I have to do this, for the sake of the country."

"But that's not fair! You should marry whoever you want!" He grunts and cluthes his wound.

"Are you alright?" I look down at his wound, worriedly.

"I-I'll be fine." He bites his bottom lip.

"Let me see it."

"No its fine, just don't worry about it."

"Brandon let me see it, now."

He sighs and lifts up his shirt. I pull back the bandage. "Brandon its leaking some kind of fluid.."

"It'll be fine.."

I shake my head. "No it wont. We need to get you to the doctor."

"No.. if I go back, I'll have to stay there longer. The longer I'm there, the longer it is until I can do my job. And the more danger you'll be in." Next thing I know, he's falling. I fall with him, catching him, his back and head laying in my lap.

"Help! Someome help!"