Chapter-22

Sorry long time, no update. Hope you all enjoy^-^

                            Chapter-22

-Elena's P.O.V.

I only got to see my father a few times since he's been in the infirmary. He's very weak. He's getting old and being wounded has really taken its toll on him. I've been worried sick, and I just hope he gets better.

Since he's been in the hospital, I've had to help with business issues and running the country. Its been stressful, and I'm not looking forward to taking the throne.

He's been in recovery, and I can't tell if he's even getting better. The placement of the bullet messed him up. Its going to be a long time before he can fully recover if he does.

I was sitting at breakfast with Brandon and my mom, deep in thought, when my mother's yelling snaps me out of it. "Elena! Are you even listening??"

My head looks up and down the end of the long table at her. "What!?"

"I said, your running out of time to find someone to marry. And due to your father in the hospital in recovery, and its going to be awhile till he's recovered, your going to have to get married sooner than the time you planned."

The sound of Brandon dropping his spoon in the bowl fills the silence. I don't even know what to say. I'm not ready for marriage, and I don't think Brandon is either, I don't think he wants to marriage me.

"How long do I have..?" My eyes fall back down to the table. I'm not looking forward to her answer.

"2 maybe 3 weeks."

I drop my silverware on my plate and push off of the table. My chair creeks on the floor and I stand. I can't do this. Not right now. I leave the room without saying a word, slamming the door on the way out. I wish she could just understand that I'm not ready.

Footsteps approach me and I turn to see Brandon. "Hey come here,"he reaches out for me but I step away.

"I can't..I know your not ready to marry me, you probably don't even wan't to marry me, and I can't be with you, and it hurts.." My eyes water and I try to blink away the tears.

Despite my attempts to pull away, he pulls me in his arms and leans my head on his chest. "Who said I wasn't ready? Who said I didn't wan't to marry you?"

I can't fight the tears anymore and they begin to stream down my face. "We're young..we haven't been together for long..hell we haven't even really called each other boyfriend and girlfriend.."

"Your my girlfriend. There, I called you it. Look, we've put off the marriage thing for as long as we could, now we need to finally come to terms with it."

"I don't wan't to lose you.."

He smiles lightly. "Then don't."

"What?" What does he mean don't? He doesn't wan't to marry me..does he? Why would he? Why would anyone? I'm not that special, I'm not perfect and I have a lot of problems and a lot of baggage.

As if he read my mind, he answers my question. "There's no one I'd rather be with. Elena..," he tilts my face up to look at him, "I love you, I've always loved you..ever since we were kids, I've been in love with you before I even knew what love is. Your perfect. You may not agree, but I don't care, your perfect to me. I finally got you, I'm not going to let you go that easily. If marrying you is what it takes, I'll do it. I don't wan't to lose you, I won't lose you."

"But what if the day comes for us to get married and you don't wan't to marry me anymore? What if we get married and you wake up one day and don't love me anymore? Brandon, I don't wan't to mess up your life and drag you into mine.."