Chapter-7

Just a reminder if you enjoy Protect Me please check out my other books, which I'll admit are probably better than this one since this was my first. I really enjoy each of my books, and I hope you do too. Fame, the Run or Die series, and Saving Rose are a definite read if you enjoy Protect Me so please check them out and enjoy. Stay lovely^-^

                         Chapter-7

-Brandon

I was sitting at the kitchen counter, pissed. I don't want to stop being her bodyguard I should've never said that. I need her..

That's when I heard her scream. Ignoring the huge pain from my wound, I run towards the sound. I'm too late.

Kneeling down, I find blood on the floor, and her necklace. The one her parents gave her the day we left for America. She never takes it off. Ever.

There's also a note:

If you want the Princess, come find her. Dead or alive that's up to you. Go to the lake in the forest, where we used to go when we were teenagers.  Looking forward to seeing you Brandon.
-Aaron

Clenching my fists, I stand. I go and gear up, grabbing my gun. I find her bodyguard Liam, yanking him by his shirt. "Some sorry ass bodyguard you are! She was kidnapped and you didn't even know!"

"Let me go man!" He pushes me off. "Fine, let's go get her."

"No, I'm going to get her. You'll just slow me down. Your going to inform her parents."

He nods and I let him go. He goes off to find her parents and I go to where the note said. I will find her, I'll do whatever it takes.

-------------

-Elena

This isn't the first time he's taken me. Brandon always finds me. But I worry that he wont this time after our fight. I really don't want a new bodyguard.

Snapping back to reality, I swing my fist at him, it collides with his face. "Bitch!" He shoves me down hard onto the dock at the lake. He straddles my waist and ties my rists together, along with my ankles. He blindfolds me and laughs. "Now you wont be going anywhere. Such a shame your going to die. You always were..enticing... maybe just one more time wouldn't hurt, I mean after all, I deserve a little fun. And you were always really fun." He starts unbottoning my shirt and I scream.

-------------

-Brandon

At the sound of her scream I know I'm getting close. And I know she's still alive. I feel a little hope rise in me as I sprint faster towards the lake.

Arriving I see him straddling her and her shirts unbottoned. "Get the hell off of her!" I run onto the dock.

Aaron smiles and stands up, pulling her with him. "Aw but I was just starting to have fun! Guess I'll have to wait till after I kill you."

"Let her go Aaron." I pull out my gun.

"No, I don't think so. You see this is all apart of my plan. You being who you are, knight and shining armour always coming to rescue her. And that's when I kill you, the one person she cares about most, right in front of her." He takes the blindfold off and uses it to gag her, tying it around so she can't speak. She closes her eyes and looks away, unable to watch.

"You wont kill me. Not if I kill you first." While I'm distracting him, Elena reaches, both hands to her back pocket and pulls out her pocket knife. She struggles opening it since her rists are tied. Once she opens it, she looks at me before stabbing it into Aaron's back.

"Ow, you stupid bitch!" He smacks it out of her hands and shoves her into the lake. I run at him and tackle him to the ground, punching him endlessly. Basically from the looks of it, we're taking turns swinging our fists at the other's face. He just laughs. "Keep hitting me. She'll drown if you do. Her rists and ankles are tied, she can't swim you fool!" He laughs more and swings at me, his fist colliding with my face. I don't know how long we were fighting or how long she was underwater. I decide its better to go after her instead of him.

I hit him once more before diving into the water. The water feels like ice its so cold but my adrenaline's pumping and I barely notice. I swim down to Elena. Her eyes are closed as I pull her up with me back to the surface. By the time we're up he's already gone. I lay her on the dock and untie her rists, ankles and the gag. "Elena??" Leaning down, I realize she isn't breathing. I begin doing CPR. "Come on Elena you better stay with me!" I keep at it.  I swear the next time my mouth is on hers, she better be awake for it. I continue to perform CPR for what feels like hours although its only minutes.

Her eyes open quickly as she leans to the side, coughing up water, then gasping endlessly for air. Her gaze wonders from the lake then to me. She hugs me and catches her breath. Her skin is freezing. Wrapping my arms around her, I try to keep her warm.

"Are you okay?" She nods her head quietly. "Thank God.."

She looks up at me, shivering uncontrollably. I pull her close. "H-how are you s-so warm?"

"Warm blooded. And adrenaline." I reach in my pocket. "I found this." I pull hwr necklace out and gently place it back around her neck.

"T-thank you.." She smiles lightly.

"There you guys are! Thank God your alright!" Liam runs out from the woods. He runs up on the dock and looks at us, then his eyes go back to Elena. "Um.." He's staring at her and I look down to see what he's staring at. Her unbottoned shirt.

My jaw tightens. "Hey! Keep your perverted eyes to yourself!" Elena buttons her shirt up.

"Let's just get her back to the castle before she freezes to death." Liam holds his arms out. "Here, let me carry her. I'm probably more warm than you."

She snuggles closer to me. "I rather                f-freeze." I can't help but laugh a little and I pick her up. Her teeth chatter and she stutters trying to talk. She shivers and I hold her closer.

He rolls his eyes and looks at me. "I don't get how you've put up with her for so long."

"You and me both." Elena narrows her eyes at me.

"If I wasn't s-so cold I'd s-smack you r-right now." She closes her eyes.

"Its 40 degrees outside," Liam walks ahead of us.

"Thanks f-for the weather update, as if I-I didn't already know."

We get to the castle soon enough. We go up at her room. "Liam, get a hot bath ready." He nods and starts the bathtub in the bathroom. I set Elena down on the bathroom floor. "Get out of those wet clothes." I push Liam out the door so she has privacy. "Beat it." He rolls his eyes and leaves her room.

I get Elena some clothes and walk back. She's wrapped in a towel. My eyes almost wander and I turn quickly. "Here." I put them on the counter. I have to get out of here quickly before I do something stupid.

"Thank you..f-for everything. About what I said earlier..i-it wasn't true. I don't want anyone else to protect me."

I smile a little. "As if I'd let anyone else do my job." I smile before leaving her and go to my room to get out of my wet clothes and shower. My wound is killing me. Its been one hell of a day.