one

"JAMES?"

"Yeah, baby?"

"What do you think we'll be like in the future?"

"Well, I don't know. We'll get married, have a few kids, and live a very long life. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just making sure."

"Is that all you wanted to hear?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to hear you say it now when we're young instead of you leaving me when I get old and grouchy."

"Nah, I'll still be in love with you even when I can't remember and push one hundred!"

"One hundred? That's a very long lifetime, James."

"Not when I'm with you, because I love you so much."

"I love you too."

august 7th, 2014
virgina

2:35 am

THE WORLD HAS CALMED DOWN.

It was finally safe to breathe as no one decided to care for the Winter Soldier and Rogue anymore. The master assassins were no more, they deleted themselves from the horrid system that they were kept under.

They were human again. And they had names.

Bucky and Aurora.

After the attack in Washington, the two had become nomads, moving wherever it felt safe and free to roam. They planned to move from the states to somewhere in Europe, both of them did their best to save enough money to migrate.

But for right now, they laid together on a pallet in another abandoned building.

Lighting light up the dark sky and soon following a clap of thunder boomed, shaking the earth. The sound of the rain pouring from the heavens was enough to make the woman fall soundly asleep, wrapped comfortably in her husband's side.

Another crack of thunder was enough to shake the man up, sweat poured from his forehead and his chest tight trying to breathe from the insufferable nightmare he just faced.

"No!" Bucky cried out into the air, sitting straight up.

This gave Aurora enough reaction time to wake herself up, eyes adjusting as she watched the man she loves struggle.

She collected his shoulders to stop him from moving, "James, stop! You're dreaming!"

Bucky soon collided into hers, soft sobs muffled in Aurora's stomach. She wrapped her arms across his shoulders, her head rested on top of his as her fingers swirl across his back.

The nightmares happened a lot when they went to bed, Aurora could do nothing but calm her husband down and stay by his side. Sometimes she would sing a lullaby she remembered her mother singing to her when she was younger, that also helped the poor man.

Aurora pressed her hands on both sides of Bucky's face, looking at his watery blue eyes. She wiped his tears with her thumbs, two hands cling onto the fabric she was wearing – one metal and one flesh. "Ty v bezopasnosti, James , eto byl prosto plokhoy son." You're safe, James, it was just a bad dream.