six

april 18th, 2016
bucharest, romania

THE WORLD WAS COMPLETELY IN favor of Bucky and Aurora. After their stay in Austria, the couple took a train and planted themselves in Romania. The woman had finally had enough of running and they wanted to stay right in the city, her husband agreed ― loving their new home.

Home.

A place where Bucky would come home after working in the shop downstairs and leaving Aurora alone to read the books that her husband got for her, then coming back just to start it over day after day. They had gotten into their routine, adjusting to the life they left behind.

The streets were crowded today, it was always midday when the two would go out in the town and scope out things together for their home or dinner that week. And today was grocery day, Aurora packed their bag and grabbed her husband's hand as they walked down the many flights of stairs and onto the sidewalk.

The man and woman stood in front of a fruit stand in the market, feeling plums in their palms. Aurora brought the plum up to her nose, smelling the sweetness and testing if it was ready to eat.

"Este suficient? Câți ar trebui să obținem, scumpo?" Bucky turned to his wife, waiting for her lovely opinion. Is this enough? How many should we get, honey?

Aurora judged, "Nu știu, șase?" I don't know, six?

"Sunteți sigur?" Bucky questioned, peering down. She reassured herself and took three more plums in her hands and gave them off to the man, her husband paid and she stuffed them down in her shopping bag. Are you sure?

Turning and walking away, Bucky grabbed onto Aurora's hand with a slight grip. Aurora's mood completely changed, watching her husband tense up and hearing the sounds of an ambulance.

The two looked across the street to see a man in a newspaper stand observing both of them, Aurora caught on and pressed her red hat down onto her face more. "James?" she called out for him but he didn't listen as he pulled her across the street to the stand.

Walking up, the man from the stand now was running the opposite way from the couple. Bucky picked up the newspaper that was left, and Aurora peaking over his shoulder to look. A gasp fell out of her mouth as she read the bold and underlined text.

WINTER SOLDIER AND ROGUE WANTED FOR BOMBING IN VIENNA

Aurora couldn't keep her eyes off the blurry image at the bottom of the headline, Bucky turned his eyes around, tensing up. He grabbed her hand again, trying to get to the safety of their own home.

Was any place that they called home really ever safe?

STEVE ROGERS STOOD IN THE middle of a dimly lit apartment, the wallpaper was peeled off and covered with darkened stains. The place had a mini kitchen and a small sofa in front of it, a mattress pushed to the side of the wall only big enough to fit one person but making it work to fit two. He turned to look at a blue-covered journal with yellow tabs sticking out in different ways, his gloved fingers running down the spine.

The captain stood in the home of Bucky and Aurora Barnes. Their last known coordinated led to this location, this is where his best friends since childhood were living in.

He picked up another journal and opened it, skimming through the pages and seeing two small pictures.

One was a picture of a man cuddled up into a woman's arms as she smiled while looking into the camera, and the other was the same woman staring off in the distance while on a train. Flipping it over, he read the captions.