three

january 27th, 2015

BUCKY AND AURORA HELD hands as they walked through the countryside, they were somewhere but they made their way across Germany and into Austria. The two survived Christmas and the new year in Munich, proud that they still were successful in hiding out.

"James, I'm cold," Aurora stated out loud. With the cold weather, Aurora's powers had succumbed and Bucky had to make sure that she stayed warm at all times. She had to wrap herself up in many jackets and hoodies trying to make just a simple flame on her finger.

"Come on, we should be able to stop somewhere by nightfall," says Bucky, keeping his grip tight on his wife.

"Good, 'cause my feet are hurting," she groans.

"That I can't help with," the man shakes his head.

Aurora scoffed, although she did love her husband deeply, he never really cared about the brighter side about constantly moving.

When they were still in Germany, Aurora found a small disposable camera and she would take pictures of the scenery and collect little memories with her husband. Along with his journal, Aurora filled the crisp white pages with the daily things she and Bucky did that day, also writing down memories from the forties like little poems. Her life was in that little book and made it complete with joy and love.

Soon the couple made progress into the country, the sun beamed on them. The two approached a stone wall as they walked down the side of the road, Aurora detached herself from her husband and jumped on the tiny ledge.

"Rory, get down from there!" Bucky exclaimed as his eyes wandered up the woman.

The woman didn't listen, she had her hands out to her side, trying to balance.

"You're going to fall."

"Then catch me."

Aurora twirled on the balls of her feet, Bucky's eyes watched closely as she nearly slipped off and nearly giving him a heart attack in the process. "Please, just get down from there, you're going to get yourself hurt."

"Baby, I can burn brighter than the sun," the wife stated. "Nothing can hurt me."

"Oh really?"

"No, I lied." Aurora zipped up her jacket, realizing that her only weakness was the cold. Her husband made a quick smirk, eyeing back to the street.

The two made progress in finding the nearest city, as the sky darkened and the wind whipped across their faces. Aurora could feel the temperature drop as they walked, her teeth were chattering and her veins grew icy. She growled, tightly wrapping herself in the many fabrics she had on. Squatting down, Aurora tucked her head in between her knees.

Bucky stopped in his tracks again, looking down at his struggling wife. He knew that they had to find a place to keep them safe and warm for the time being, it was his duty as a husband. But he couldn't stand seeing his love in such terrible pain, he tried his best to comfort her in the meantime. The ex-assassin bent down and wrapped his around Aurora's shoulders, picking her up and pulling her towards him as her head rest faintly on him.

"Derzhis' detka," Bucky stated. Hold on, baby.

Please just hold on.

Bucky held Aurora closely, he made her place her arms around his waist trying his best to keep her warm until the time being.

"J-James..." Aurora's voice was weak and shallow.

"I know, just stay with me." He began to panic, her hands fell off of him limply. The man prayed that they could find housing sooner as the night fell on them.

Giving up on her trying to stand, Bucky stopped to carry her bridal style. He cradled her knees and her head in the crook of his neck, Aurora muttered words but he couldn't understand. With a heavy breath, Bucky looked down to see his wife's lips turn from her usual shade a pink to a discolored blue. Her eyes slowly blinking, losing all feeling.

The two made it into a town, they seemed to approach an old building. With his foot, Bucky forcefully kicked down the large down door. Peaking through, he had made sure no one else was inside and carefully looked around his surroundings.

"Rory, you still with me?" Bucky called out. She nodded into his chest.

He smoothly dropped Aurora's body on a small cushion, this his eyes wandered to someplace to warm her up. Standing around in the empty room, the soldier found a small furnace. Bucky's face lifted with the brilliant idea of putting his wife in front of the heater, it had to work. Soon, he collected little sticks and placed them in the furnace. Then he picked up a match from their backpack and threw it in, the small flames now lit up the area. Bucky grabbed Aurora again and sat her next to the heat, praying that his wife would wake up.

HOURS LATER and Bucky watched intensely waited on Aurora to come out of her stasis.

Her body soon shifted upwards, she yawned and wiped her eyes. She looked confused as to why she was put in front of a furnace, standing up and turning around, she met her husband sitting down on an uncomfortable couch.

"How long was I out for?" Aurora spoke. All she remembered was the feeling of her body shutting down and the rest was history.

Bucky shrugged, "A few hours maybe." Her feet shuffled in front of the furnace, with her hand she made the small fire grow bigger.

"I'm sure I scared you," she bit the bottom of her lip. "Sorry about that."

The husband nodded, it scared him completely. Aurora could be happy for a second but as the cold intensified, she would be comatose and Bucky would be afraid that she wouldn't wake up in time before he had the chance to keep her warm.

Aurora plopped down next to her husband, the two pairs of arms wrapped down each other as they sat near the fire. The woman stared into the flames, watching the element dance and crackle, the sound so soothing to her.

"James, when do you think we'll stop running?" Aurora said, still looking at the furnace. "When can we find a home?"

Home.

When was the last time the two can say they had a home?

The facility that they were kept in wasn't home because of HYDRA, their superiors put them in separate corners and separate missions.

Everywhere they went, Aurora would always think about their home in Brooklyn. That was the feeling of home. She missed her nose being stuck in a book, her toes wiggling in the grass when they had picnics in their favorite spot, and the smell of lavender filling her nose.

She missed Steve. How was he doing? What was he doing right now? Is he still up to no good with his friends?

"Hopefully soon, my love," Bucky said, playing with his wife's dark locks. "I just think of a home with you, it doesn't matter where it is," he continued.

"Yeah, I can understand that," Aurora laid her head back on his chest.

"You can just say the words and the next place we go to can be our home, okay?" Bucky commented.

The woman shook her head, "I like the sound of that."

Bucky rocked his wife back and forth, the two stared at the roaring flames. Aurora's eyes soon felt heavy, she curled up in her husband who hummed her to sleep.