seven

april 19th

berlin, germany

TO SAY EVERYONE WAS ON high alert as the Winter Soldier and his accomplice Rogue was transported from Romania to Germany in a heavy artillery truck. They spent an entire fourteen-hour drive in complete silence, the couple said nothing as they knew what was going to happen again.

They were going to get split up again it was going to be the end.

No more adventures across Europe. No more staying warm together at night. No more spectacular surprises. And no more hugs, kisses, and waves of laughter filling a room.

Bucky and Aurora Barnes were placed in small cages, they were securing by metal arm cuffs and strapped to a chair with clasps. Aurora had to be placed with caution as she was a deadly mutant known for burning down buildings with just one touch.

The two were moved to a different part of the CIA headquarters away from everyone. They were set in a big room sitting next to each other in their boxes.

"Baby?" Bucky called out for his wife, getting no answer.

"Rory, I need you to talk to me," he said. Still nothing.

God, silence from his wife was deadly.

The woman lifted her head and groaned at the collar digging into her skin, the air stinging where she was clawed by the man in the suit.  Aurora's mind was scattered. She still couldn't process how both of them were having a great day until they were framed in a city they weren't in anymore, and how their home was destroyed in a matter of seconds.

"James..." She sniffed, the burning tears that wanted to escape burned her eyes. "I'm scared."

Bucky shushed her, wishing he was free from his seat to just comfort her. That's the only thing he wanted to do in this sticky situation ― protect Aurora.

"Look at me, Ro," the woman turned her head, seeing the wonderful blue eyes her husband has. Aurora gave him a small smile through the glass, wanting her hands to be free to try and connect with him.

"Everything is going to be okay," Bucky reassured.

He says that now but Aurora didn't believe him as she felt something coming for both of them.

Bucky went to say something again but was cut off by the sounds of shoes hitting the stone floor, both of their heads turned to see a man with brimmed glasses and dressed up.

They watched as he sat down and put down his things on the table in front of them.

"I'm not here to judge you, I just want to ask you a few questions," the man started. "Do you know where you are James?"

They didn't move a muscle.

"I can't help if both of you won't talk to me."

"My name is Bucky," the husband told the man.

The man turned his head to the other cage, eyeing Aurora. 

"Mrs. Barnes, would you like to talk to me? I know you're just as much of a troublemaker than your partner, " Aurora turned her head down.

Bucky cut in, "Leave her alone."

The doctor nodded, writing something down on his pad. "Tell me, Bucky. You've seen a great deal haven't you?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You fear that if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop," he continued, the woman straightened up and sighed.