Chapter Four

Cough Cough~

Madam Pomfrey looked down at the girl, smiling at her as she tried to clear her throat of the poison in her system. "You ought to be thankful Snape could brew you up an antidote on such short notice. That Cho Chang should be expelled for the trouble she's been causing, I honestly don't know what Albus is thinking, letting her stay at Hogwarts despite-"

"She's still at Hogwarts?!" Her voice was raspy and dry from the poison, and while it hurt to talk still, she could do so, in small whispers at least.

"Well...yes, the Headmaster thinks she had a bad lapse in judgement. He has given her detention with Snape...which is the best we are going to get, I'm afraid. I believe he said two months of Detention, and a word with her parents..."

"...I see..." Kagome closed her eyes as she stood up from the medical bed, "Can I go to lunch?"

"Miss. Chang will be there, are you sure you are ready to leave? It's only been a day and a half since she tried...well..."

"I will be okay..." She really wasn't so sure, but she hated being stuck in one place for too long, and the Hospital ward was definitely not somewhere she wanted to be cooped up for extended hours at a time.

Madam Pomfrey sighed, but conceded to the meek girls request, "If you are going to be leaving the care of the medical bay, at least be sure to pay Professor Snape a visit after Dinner. He needs you to continue taking the antidote for a week at least, I'm sure he'll explain in better detail, dear. Be careful, and don't go near Miss. Chang."

Kagome nodded, bowing respectfully to the older woman before leaving to the dining hall, her eyes watchful as ever as she walked the halls of the school. She was terrified to be alone, her body was trembling, her steps were light on the ground and she prayed that they made no sound.

As she arrived at the doors of the Dining Hall, she stopped with her hands on the large doors, and stared, just stared. She changed her mind, she didn't want to go inside, she didn't want to see anyone, her heart was beating rampant, her eyes were starting to sting, her throat was still sore, and her body would not stop trembling!

Taking a deep breath, she made her body stop shaking the best she could and stood straight as she walked through the Great Hall doors.

When she walked into the Great Hall all talking stopped, making Kagome feel even more uncomfortable than she was. If they were acting like this, it meant the whole school knew what had transpired.

'Oh, great...' Kagome thought as she slowly made her way to her table, but before she could make it her arm was tugged in a different direction making her stop.

Blaise was standing in front of her with a determined look on his face.

Tilting her head to the side she blinked, wanting to know what he wanted, and she was about to open her mouth to say something but Blaise moved and loosened her tie before mostly ripping it off.

Silence in the Hall was deafening as Blaise held the Ravenclaw tie in his hands before letting it fall onto the cold ground, stepping on the blue and bronze tie when he moved closer to Kagome.

Blaise loosened his own tie and quickly slipped it over his head, placing it around Kagome's neck and tightening it.

Kagome just stood there wide eyed, at what he was doing. She didn't say anything though, even as he took her by the tie and dragged her to the end of the Slytherin table and gently shove her on the end next to none other than Draco Malfoy. He had a smirk on his face as he gave her a wink before he took another bite of his breakfast.

"You sit here from now on." Blaise told Kagome as he put food on a plate and sat it in front of the Ravenclaw who was still in shock.

"Eat." Blaise told her, small smile on his face as he took a bite of his own breakfast.

It was then the whispers broke out in the hall making Kagome shift in her seat.

"Ignore them, they like to gossip about anything." Draco grinned, as he saw her shift when hearing the hall finally explode in whispers.

Kagome nodded at Draco who smirked at her and went back to his own meal.

Kagome sighed, lifting up her fork as she took a bite of her eggs that Blaise had put on her plate. She looked around and saw people were watching her, making her sigh.

Today really was going to be a long day, and it hadn't really even started yet.

Looking at the Ravenclaw table, Kagome saw Cho's and the rest of her house's faces, and mentally cringed thinking, 'Today really is going to be a long day...'

She didn't pay any attention to the conversation going on between Draco and Blaise with their eyes as they too noticed the looks she was receiving from her Ravenclaw classmates.

As breakfast continued and plates started to empty, Dumbledore stood and cleared his throat, despite the softness of the sound he emitted from his throat, he still manages to grab everyones attention.

"As everyone was made aware last night,"

Kagome looked up confused, she hadn't been made aware of anything last night, being stuck up in a Hospital Bed.

"Our guests from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at six o'clock on Friday, this week, and as such, lessons will end half an hour early. I wanted to make sure everyone got the memo, I don't want anyone to miss this event, and being that a greater expanse of detail will be offered up once they arrive, please make sure to drop off all of your belongings before you come to the great hall."

Kagome looked confused, "Did I miss something? The Beauxbatons and Durmstrang are coming here?" She asked Blaise who seemed confused by her question. She rolled her eyes, "Don't look too surprised that I don't know what's going on, I have been hiding away from humanity for the past couple of months."

He chuckled, but explained everything that had been explained by Dumbledore since their first feast back.

Draco looked at the two from the corner of his eyes, eyeing specifically the marks on Kagome's neck, he glanced to the Ravenclaw table and his eyes locked on to Cho, who was caught up in a conversation with one of the older girls in her House.

He didn't trust Cho, not for his life, but the girl beside her he trusted even less. The arm candy of that prat Weasley! He'd have to keep an eye on her. 'They best keep their talons hidden if they don't want to deal with a house of Poisonous Snakes!'