Chapter Ten

Kagome decided without much debate with her logical side, that she wasn't ever going to use the word 'couldn't' in reference to a Slytherin. She just wouldn't! Her reason for this decision, was the fingers gliding up along her waist. Really, this had to be some form of sexual harassment, right?!

"Stop..." she placed her hands to his chest, Blaise Zabini, the cause of the majority of her annoyances as of lately. However, at this very moment, her heart wasn't into pushing his hands away. She couldn't deny they felt pleasant.

"Tell me then...if you want me to stop, tell me why you have been making it a point to avoid me." He leaned in closer to her, pressing his lips to her collar bone. A smirk formed on his lips as he felt tremors run along her arms.

"I don't like it..."

"Your body contradicts you," he chuckled.

Kagome shook her head, "No...not this. I don't like being thought of a some common household item, as a toy or an object without a will of it's own. I am not your toy, or anyone's for that matter. Pansy explained it to me as a form of protectiveness, but I can't just push it out of my mind that you are trying to own me. I don't want to be some object!"

"Fine!" He leaned in and pressed his lips to hers.

Her eyes widened, this was the second time he'd kissed her since she had first made the mistake of blindly kissing the Snake himself. She made to push him back, but his hands had caught both her hands and placed them on either side of her head as he caressed the crevices of her mouth with his tongue. She had been stiff for a few more seconds before she finally started to relax into his kiss, returning it with uncertainty. He released her wrists and moved both his hands to her waist, pulling her closer to him, he broke the kiss and gazed down into her eyes, a hazy look in them as she succumbed to the feelings of lust that wrecked her body with his touch.

"I won't treat you as an object...be mine, Kagome..."

"But that-"

"Not as an object...be my girlfriend, my equal." He leaned forward again and kissed her on the nose before looking her in the eyes again.

"Girlfriend?"

"Yes, that's right,"

This confused her. She wasn't attractive, not like Cho, or Luna, or even Hermione...Pansy was beautiful, Astoria and Daphne were pretty too...but she, well. She shook her head as she tried to clear her mind of the haze, "Why me...?"

Before he could answer, a hand on his shoulder caused him to stop and turn.

"Mr. Zabini, Miss. Higurashi," the drawling tone of their potions instructor caused Blaise to step back a bit from Kagome and chuckle nervously. "Please make your way to class, I'd hate to take points from my own house."

"Y-yes sir!" Kagome rushed past the two of them.

Blaise cursed and glared at his head of house, "Thanks Professor, I was trying to get a girlfriend, and you interrupted."

Snape raised a brow, but otherwise said nothing. Turning away from his student with a ruffle of his cloak, he left to his dungeons.

x-X-x

Kagome held back a sigh as she sat down at the empty desk at the back of the class. She had made it in time...just barely, though she had a feeling she wouldn't have made it at all if Professor Snape hadn't shown up.

A blush dusted over her cheeks as she remembered what had just happened in the hall. Kagome hadn't thought that would have happened.

Sure, Kagome knew Blaise had an interest in her...she didn't think it was anything but a passing fancy. Nothing serious...but from what he said...he was wanting something more from her.

Kagome didn't know how she should feel with that...she didn't know Blaise enough to know how she could feel from him.

Kagome glared off in the distance half paying attention to the class, her mind wasn't really there though.

"Kagome?" The sound of her name made her jump and turn around.

"Pansy...you scared me..." Blinking she looked around and saw that the class had cleared out already leaving her behind and what to be the next class coming in.

"You alright?" Pansy asked the ravenclaw, she seemed out of it. She had to wonder what happened between her and Blaise for her to be so dazed.

"I am..fine." Kagome muttered as she gathered all of her belonging and put them in her bag. She didn't notice class was over...she probably should stop thinking so much and pay attention in her classes...if she didn't she would end up falling behind. She had missed classes enough because of what Cho Chang had done to her, daydreaming wouldn't help her get caught up with her studies.

"If you are sure..." Pansy paused and sighed, "We can talk more after classes..."

Kagome nodded and stood up; she knew the girl wasn't going to let her off that easy. She was going to make Kagome talk one way or another by the end of the day.

"Later," Kagome muttered as she made her way out of the classroom. She was going to make it to her next class...it was only down the hall and take a left.

She slowly walked down the hall not caring if she was going to be late as she turned the corner and froze, there down the hall was someone she didn't want to see.

She was about to turn around and go the other direction one the person's eyes connected to hers.

Shrinking back Kagome paled slightly as the person stalked forward as if ready to go for the kill.