Chapter Fifteen

Kagome glanced at Cho and bit her lip, she didn't want to be here. She had avoided Cho as much as she could since the attempt on her life.

Now...now Dumbledore called her to the office with that... bitch!

"You...called for me Headmaster." Kagome asked, trying to not say anything unnecessary because she didn't want to lose her temper.

"Yes, I didn't get to talk to you two about the accident that happened between the two of you..." Dumbledore started, but was interrupted by Kagome.

"Excuse me," Kagome didn't hold her tongue anymore, she probably had been spending too much time with Pansy and the Slytherin Princess was starting to rub off on her.

"The accident, Miss Higurashi. The one that put you in the Hospital wing..." the Headmaster gave her a look as if wondering if she had lost some of her memories.

Kagome interrupted him again, "...I know what you are talking about Headmaster...and frankly I know it was no accident and for you to say it was is highly insulting to me and the injuries I had sustained." She wasn't done there, no she had been holding this back since she got out of the hospital and was too afraid to say it straight to Cho Chang's face...but now, her temper was out and she wasn't going to stop, "to say that Cho didn't do it on purpose and she only got away with such light punishment and not even expelled for her trying to KILL me...I have thought about transferring once or twice because of your...judgment on the situation."

Kagome glared at the Headmaster, not caring who he was at the moment, all she knew was that he was giving Cho another opportunity to hurt her again, and she knew it was going to happen...that is why she kept her guard up all the time.

"I don't want to hear what you have to say...about this..accident as you so loosely refer to it. Frankly I don't want Cho anywhere near me. That is all I have to say about this matter." Kagome didn't even wait for a reply as she walked past a shocked Professor McGonagall and out of the office, tears stinging her eyes as she briskly walked down the halls not caring as she pass some students who were whispering and pointing at her.

No, she had one destination, and that was the Slytherin common room.

-x-x-x-

Draco was caught off guard as a certain Ravenclaw brushed past him, causing him to stumble slightly before he turned and gave the girl a quizzical look. He followed after her, unsure of what it was that he'd say to the small Raven, but knowing that both Pansy and Blaise were in separate classes during their extra curricular period, and he was free, similarly to Kagome. He caught up with her just as she passed through the portrait to the SLytherin Common Room, he caught the portrait before it shut, and entered briskly behind her. Catching her hand, he noticed her tears running down her cheeks as she turned to pull away, and instead...he pulled, tugging her forward, his arms caught her in a tight hold, a strong hold...a protective hug.

"Let me go!" She cried, and yelled. He was sure if she were lying on the ground in a similar position, she'd be kicking and thumping her fists, much like a child.

"No, what has you so upset!?" He asked, already upset from her own aggression towards him.

"I'm not upset!"

"Oh, I made a mistake, my apologies. I didn't realize how bloody ecstatic you were! Now stop the screeching and talk, what happened?!"

Kagome let her head drop against his chest, she could here his heart beating fiercely as if trying to catch up with their yelling and anger and rage, all the pent up anger in her heart, sounding in her voice, she shook her head, tears still falling in anger. "Dumbledore called me in to talk with him, and Cho was there. He called it an accident! As if Cho accidently tried to kill me! Draco, I'm scared! She'll get away with this, and Merlin forbid, I know she could get away with Murder if she actually succeeded too! That girl is one step away from being a Veela!"

"She's no Veela, and you won't have to deal with her for much longer, I'll make sure of it, just be patient...for now..." he pulled back and brought a hand to her face, using his thumb to clear her tears as he did. "Go lay down in your room and sleep off your stress from the day. I'll have Pansy wake you before dinner, that will give you at least two hours."

Kagome nodded and slowly left Draco to his thoughts. Finally, with a nod, he left to find a Professor, and oddly enough, not his professor.

He found the woman in her classroom preparing for her next class. She still seemed a bit pale, no doubt from all the drama going on around the school as of recent. "Professor McGonagall?"

She turned and sighed, "Yes Mr. Malfoy?"

"About Kagome, I wanted to ask you a question concerning her attack."

"This is no public matter, Mr. Malfoy, and being that it has nothing to do with you, I am unable to converse with you on such a...serious topic."

"According to Dumbledore, it's not as serious as everyone thinks. I mean, by all accounts, it's nothing more than...an accident. Why hasn't Cho been removed from school, sent to a rehabilitation school, or Azkaban, for Merlin's sake, I've seen people sent to Azkaban for lesser things then attempted murder!"

"Mr. Malfoy-"

"What has her mother said, Kagome's?! Does she know?!"

"If and when her mother sends a reply back in concerns to the letter we sent her regarding the attack made on Miss. Higurashi, we will decide then what to do with Miss. Chang. As it stands, we can't send a minor to Azkaban! As for a rehabilitation facility, that would be entirely up to Miss. Chang's parents. Do I believe it as an accident, not on my life...but I do trust Dumbledore to make the right decision...and that is enough for me."

"...the attack was nearly two weeks ago,"

McGonagall tried to calm herself of the sudden anger she'd felt, giving Draco a look of consideration as he spoke, "your point, Mr. Malfoy."

"My point...if you sent a letter, directly after the attack, you would have already heard back from her mother, would you not?"

"In some situations, the owl could be having problems finding her. Now, is there anything more you need, unrelated to Miss. Higurashi! With the Tri-Wizard Tournament in way, the announcements are tonight...hopefully this Cho drama will be forgotten once our champions are revealed...!"

Draco raised a brow at that before nodding, "...right...I understand, have a wonderful rest of your day, Professor."