Chapter Thirteen

There was not a sound in the home. Nothing was moving, and the windows were open, letting the night air into cool of the home.

Then a loud crack went through the night, making any nearby animals scatter away in fright. A figure dressed in black appeared in front of the home, breath coming out in soft pants as he shuffled towards the seemingly desolate house.

The figure was hunched over and worn, as if he had been fighting in a war for many years without any rest. The figure knocked on the door and waited silently for a light to come on and a figure to appear.

The door finally opened and the person who opened the door peered curiously, a young woman look on, confused as she took in the strangely dressed man. Then, eyes widening, she gasped and stumbled back before one word was whispered, "..no..."

The figure dressed in black gave a sick grin, before giving a hiss, "I'm home!"

The person in the doorway, moved back and ran deeper into the house. The dark figure chuckled, stepping inside and going after the horror struck individual.

"There is no escape now..." he gave a toothy grin as the woman moved deeper into the home, "...my revengeis just starting!" Evil cackling resounded through the night and soon was followed with screams.

-x-x-x-

Kagome bit her lip as she bit the end of her quill, she was trying to get the transfiguration essay done, but no matter how hard she tried to concentrate, her mind wondered off to a certain Italian snake.

No matter how hard tried not to think about him, he came back into her mind, and she would recall his breath against her ear as he would lean in to whisper his claim.

Groaning she closed her eyes and leaned back in the hard chair that was in the library. She didn't know what to do anymore.

Blaise Zabini was something she never thought would come into her life. He seems so determined to protect her, something no one has done before in her life.

With a huff she snapped the book she was using closed and grabbed the parchment, ink and quill. Shoving all of it into her bag before she stood up.

She wasn't getting anything done so there was no point in staying. She glanced at the sleeping Draco and gave a growl of annoyance. He had already finished his essay for transfiguration, and while she was thankful for his company, she was also too jealous of his free time.

Turning, she left him in the library and made her way elsewhere, not really caring for a destination, just anywhere to clear her mind.

-x-x-x-

Hermione was walking down the corridor towards the library when she noticed Kagome coming towards her with a more than annoyed look in place of her normally calms facial expression. "Kagome?"

She stopped and looked to Hermione, "...Hermione, hi..." she said awkwardly.

"Hey, you seem upset...anything I could...help with?" Equally awkward, Hermione pressed on. She wanted to be kind to this Ravenish Snake, knowing she'd had plenty of hardships within the walls of Hogwarts as it was, and needed no help attaining more from Hermione.

"No, I'm fine. I just...I need to clear my head, I'm thinking too much it would seem." Kagome laughed, her heart calming a bit around Hermione.

"Well, I would recommend the lake...or even the fireplace, to be perfectly honest. Oh...another thought would be...Hagrid."

"Hagrid?"

"Well, normally...that is to say, when Ron, Harry or I have a problem, we go and talk it over with Hagrid. You could also go to your head of house, either one of them. Professor Flitwick would listen, I'm sure...and even...even Professor Snape?" Hermione frowned, not sure if she was giving the girl any helpful information.

"Your right..." Kagome smiled, "thanks!"

Hermione smiled back, though still unsure of her advice, "no problem." She watched Kagome walk past her, and after she vacated the hall, she made her way towards the library as she'd already intended on doing before.

Stepping through the doorway leading her into the library, she went straight to her desired destination, looking curiousl for one book she had been wanting to check out for nearly a week. She couldn't find it though, and it bothered her since she knew it was supposed to be there.

Making her way out of the aisle, she walked aimlessly around the library, staring at piles of books and reading the names that were in each pile until she found it. She found the closed leatherbound book, gently held, by none other...than Draco Malfoy. And he was sleeping on it!

"Of course it would be him..." she quite nearly huffed in her irritation. Moving a bit closer, she cautiously stepped up to the table he was sitting at, his head nestled against his arm, hair falling lazily, unrestrained by the hair gel that he'd been so fond of during their first and second year. His eyes closed in his sleeping state...all she had to do...was reach out and take the book. 'Yes Hermione, just snatch up the book...that's directly beneath his head.' She sighed, she could already see that seen playing out horribly in her head. Grabbing the book and pulling it from under his head, it would cause his head to have a head on collision with the surface of the table, which would wake him up, and she of course would be the first person he saw...and she'd be hexed into oblivion!

Shaking her head, she took a deep breath, and reached her hand out before gently...tapping him on his shoulder. "Malfoy..." she said softly, not wanting to scare him and risk upsetting him any. He didn't wake, she tried again. Nudging him a bit harder this time, "Malfoy," again, he didn't budge. She wondered momentarily if she could get away with snatching up the bloody book. She shook her head and reasoned with herself, once more, she tried to wake him, this time..."Draco~!"...it was a success.