Chapter Twelve

If there was one thing everyone knew about Blaise it was how he was protective of all the things and people he considered 'important', and one Kagome Higurashi was important.

If you had told him he would have a girl his age that caught his attention at Hogwarts, he would have scoffed and walked away. Blaise wasn't one to take interest in something that wasn't extraordinary.

There was something about Kagome that kept his interest, it could be her personality or maybe her sheer luck to find bad luck, he didn't know. All Blaise knew was that, Kagome Higurashi was his, and needed to be protected.

That is why he was in his dorm writing letters to people who could help him protect the girl that caught his attention better.

Blaise was underaged and could only do so much in protecting Kagome against her father. If anything, he could do nothing if her father came for her. He was legally allowed to approach her now that he had been to a Head Wizard and been locked up for so long.

He didn't believe it though. He knew the type of men who hurt someone isn't likely to change so fast. If Kagome's father was going to be coming after her, he was going to take extra precaution to make sure he couldn't get to her. Legally safe or not.

Glancing at the letters he had written, before putting them all in envelopes. Blaise whistled calling the owl who had perched itself on the headboard of his bed. The owl gave a soft hoot as Blaise attached four letters to its ankle.

As the owl left, Blaise sighed. He could only hope things would work out. He didn't want anything to happen to his little raven.

-x-x-x-

Severus stared at the paper on his desk. He was grading papers when he came to one particular essay, Kagome Higurashi. He recalled the first time he'd seen the girl, before the girls father was thrown into Azkaban for abusing his daughter. He had met her...because he had witnessed the abuse first hand. Closing his eyes, he thought back to the girl he had saved so many years ago.

~Flashback~

Standing beside a couple other Potion Magisters in a dimly lit cellar, Severus waited impatiently for whatever it was he'd been called to oversee. He had just been done dealing with an irritating class of Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors, so coming to a Potions Gathering would hopefully take his mind off of the annoyances that they often times proved to be.

"Friends, nice of you to join me. Tonight I have a guest joining us."

Severus raised a brow, watching as he pulled a black curtain aside to reveal a young girl who looked no older than five, laying cuffed to a table with wide frightened blue eyes.

"My daughter here has been helping me with testing my potions, and over time, I came to realize, she has a unique healing ability." Higurashi pulled a razor sharp blade from his cloak and pulled it slowly over the girls nape. A shrill cry echoed in the room before the wound healed before their eyes with a glow filtering the cut before revealing untouched flesh.

'...what is he planning...' Severus couldn't understand the trauma taking place on the girl, but kept quiet all the same. He knew to keep his thoughts to himself, it was his job to do that.

"now, this wonderful potion, is one I'm certain you all recognize."

Severus did recognize the potion, it was a Bloodroot Potion and was highly poisonous when ingested.

"I wish for you to understand the beauty of her healing abilities..."

"You don't mean to poison her..."

It was another potions magister, an old man friendly to his apprentices and looked down on for his unwillingness to experiment with people. Therefore, never going further than hypothesis stages with his potions and creations.

"I do," Higurashi pushed the large vial between his daughter's lips as she tried to keep them closed, but was unable to fight her father off. The potion was emptied and they were forced to watch the girl scream in fear and agony. It was then that Higurashi was stunned and tackled to the floor, the other Potion Magisters keeping him down as Severus had fired the spell that sent him to the floor. Moving with haste to the table, he looked at the girls eyes, blurred with tears, her skin tone ghostlike as the potion started to act against her body.

Watching with worry, quickly apparating the girl to his office, he was shocked by the pink glow that suddenly started to form around her body before she stopped screaming and calmed down. Her skin still pale, and her eyes still filled with tears, but she was now sleeping peacefully in his arms as her body cleansed itself of the potion.

He sent a letter to the others about her improving condition after keeping her in his room to be watched for two days, and received one back explaining that the others had taken the girls father to the Ministry and filed reports against the man, dark arts, and abuse were filed in one claim and he had been sentenced to ten years in Azkaban.

Kagome had healed all on her own, with the exception of Severus giving her a Pepperup potion every once in a while to keep her spirits up. But he had left the rest up to her, and as her father had claimed, she had miraculously pulled through and cleaned her body of the poison all on her own. She had forgotten his face, waking up three days after the incident in Hogwarts very own Infirmary. Then, she'd been taken to her mother who had been in a state of worry after hearing about what her husband had been doing to her daughter.

~End Flashback~

Sighing, Severus shook his head and graded the paper with a black 'O' before continuing to the next paper. "Whatever happens...it won't be easily avoided. She will have to find out soon enough, that he is coming for her...of that...I have no doubt."