Chapter 2

Being a single dad with a 5-year old kid around you is both boring and yet pleasing.

Boring cause you don't get to enjoy the old single you, like going to parties and clubs, looking for someone to hang out with at least for an evening. I usually just stay in my house, to my office then back with Max and Tia Ora. Unless there are professional parties that I need to attend to.

But it is pleasing also cause when I get home tired and full of craps of the day's events, there is always my kid, eager for me to get home and would tell me every single thing that have happened to his day in details. It sounds tiring but it's not. Who can resist a cute, angelic face telling you innocently of his day in school and ranting about everything like he is a grown-up man? No one.

I also get a treat from Tia Ora's expert cooking recipes when I go back home. Nothing is more perfect than home-made comida, plus there is always desserts and boy I'd be nothing without sweets.

I arrived home at 7:00 in the evening and I am really starving. I wonder what Tia Ora prepared for dinner. I walked past our front garden. Tia Ora really gives her best on the lawn and flowers. In front of the house at the left side you can see red and white roses and different varieties of orchids in different colors. At the right side some special tulips and other kinds of flowers I barely know the names, illuminate, creating a silhouette effect that matches the moon's dim light. It's just perfectly and beautifully arranged when you see the over all landscape of the garden. 

The house has been built since my parents were married. I am the only son and of course the heir of the property. My parents is living at the more rural area of Las Palmas when they retired 5-years ago. I still go to their place when their is a special occasion like one of my parent is having a birthday celebration or it's Maxim's birthday. I'm hoping that I can still go there even after 2-years of not showing up. After my wife died. But that was a really long time ago. Mainly, the reason is, my family always has a theme during Thanksgiving. Last year theme was, Barney and Friends so we should dress-up like the freaking characters. So I just let Maxim attend Thanksgiving. The year before that, the theme was, 80's hairstyle. I don't want to look like a punk head with yellow colored hair pretending I am a member from a metal rock band. I hope that this year's theme will somehow be attendable.

The house in front of me is a 2-storey structure and it is very antique- like, like an ancestral-house in a modern area.

When you enter the house, there is the azotea or the balcony connected directly to the caida or the recieving room. Some clients would go directly to our house than make an appointment in my office in the city. Can't blame them when they desperately need to resolve some minor conflicts.

Another door separates the caida and the sala mayor, a wide living room with a chandelier above in the middle of the ceiling, lightly creating a dim brightness around the area. The floor is authentically made of hard wood and designed with an azulejo pattern that is intricately hand-painted by my great-grandpa.

A bastonero or hat holder is placed at the far end left corner of the sala mayor and at the center of it, four batibot chairs with a modern coffee table placed at the center of it. Windows are placed at the two sides from the entrance of the house designed with concha, panels that are latticework, with capiz shells reflecting a translucent effect in the house.

I entered the house and walk directly to the kitchen and put my briefcase on the dining table. Tia Ora is shuffling some kitchen wares and placing them into another place. Sometimes, Tia Ora is really weird though.

"Buenas noches, Tia Ora" I looked around looking for the food she prepared and realized that I needed to go to pee.

"Tia Ora, I'll just be back, I need to pee" as I was already walking towards the kubeta.

Tia Ora mumbled something but I can't hear her. It was something like "new" and "lady" and something like "bags are inside". I just thought that maybe she was referring to her kitchen wares so I didn't mind.

I almost grab the doorknob of the comfort room when it magically opened. I cross my eyebrows thinking how it happened when a lady stepped out of the room. 

Both of us are in shock of what is happening. My eyes widen being half surprised and questioning. I scan her bodice while she, maybe, is still frozen in her place with her putting her arms around her bare shoulders. I realized that maybe she is the new governess and I step back to let her exit the appalling situation. I fixed my position and steadied myself not wanting to cause any more embarrassing situation. I gesture my left hand signalling her to make her way.

With only a white towel wrapped around her body, she walk scurriedly away from me. I followed her way when she suddenly stopped and face me and said, "Good evening, sir, I am,by the way, the new governess". 

Then she curtsy.

*******

Hey Shoppas. This is a short chapter but don't ya'll worry, the next chapters are longer.

Don't forget to comment and vote!