Chapter 6

"Is Maxim asleep already?" Tia Ora asked.

"Yes" we both replied.

Tia Ora looked from her to me thinking something I couldn't quite understand but Theena intervened.

"Tia Ora, I should probably go down, I still need to wash these" She raised the glass and plate a little bit and she made her way back to the kitchen.

I comb my hair with my hand absorbing everything that happened. I inhaled and was on my way to my room when Tia Ora's voice stopped me.

"It's hard isn't it?"

I turned around and face Tia Ora who was just standing from the door after looking at Maxim if he really was asleep. She silently closed the door and guided me to the sala menor on the second floor.

"I don't know. It's just that I can't understand her sometimes." I told her as we were setting down on the sofas. I realized that maybe she can still hear us so I lowered my voice.

"Everytime we got the chance to talk, we just ended up arguing. Is that even normal? For a boss and a governess to argue? I stretched my legs and looked slumpily at Tia Ora. She was just listening.

"She's already getting on my nerves. I should be really pissed off and fire her immedietely but the wierd thing is that I just don't have the guts to get mad at her and fire her." I rested my back neck on the back of the chair. "She's something. She really is something."

I properly positioned myself and faced Tia Ora again who is just sitting and staring at me.

"And another thing is that I have observed that she knows things. Smart things, you know. She surprised me with her way of talking and her thoughts, it's unimaginably knowledgable. Don't you think she is something more of a governess?"

I slouched again in my chair and relaxed my body. "Hays, I don't want to be thinking about her for now. It makes me overthink about things."

I closed my eyes and I heard Tia Ora said something.

"Hijo, everything has a reason. Theena is here because she has a reason to be here. Just be patient with what might happen around us and just follow your heart." She smiled genuinely, "I'm not getting any younger, you know. You probably need someone who will take and light up the place you call home.

***********

October is finally over and the air is getting colder. The holidays' getting nearer and woah, the rhyme sounds a bit cooler. To update you of the happenings, everything's been going quite well. The firm's been getting well again after so many busy weeks. The suicide/murder case has also been solved. According to the forensic analysis, someone injected him with drugs and died, setting up that it's overdose. And it was true. The former girlfriend killed the man. The family was quite at ease even though they are still saddened by their son's death.

Thanks to Theena somehow for arguing with me a couple of weeks before and gave me the will to take the girl as the prime suspect. Talk about irony. I also want to tell her the news but thought that better to leave it off because we're having a rough time together every time we have the chance to chat.

The garden that Tia Ora's been tending has weathered because of the season. They would just sweep the garden lawn and Maxim would sometimes play around.

It's morning and I'm having a cup of hot tsokolate Tia Ora made and bread in the kitchen. I'm reading the daily newspaper while Maxim is eating sausages and fried rice. Theena is setting Maxim's school bag in the sala and I thought that it's better. She's with Tia Ora checking the mail.