Chapter 5

It has been 2 weeks since the incident happened between us. I tried to avoid talking to her and meeting her because I know that our encounter always ends up in a disaster. I just stay a little bit late in my office and go home directly to my room.

Today, I am in my office doing some paperwork and dealing with the problems my clients are giving me.

"Knock, knock" Hermes entered my room with a big paper bag in his hands.

"Have you sent the mail?"

"Yep and the papers are all here" He put the large bag at the other table near the window. "And here's your coffee". He gave me the coffee and sat down on the chair in front of my table drinking his own coffee.

I didn't mind him sitting there. He does that all the time when he's taking a break from his own desk.

"Mmmm. So thanksgiving is approaching. You're not going to attend again?"

"I don't know. It will depend on the theme this year."

"Momma's gonna be sending letters again."

"Yeah. We'll see."

Momma, my mother, is really living her life in the most lavish way. She does a couple of parties every year in their mansion in the city of Zaragoza and one of it is the Thanksgiving. We may not be in America but we still celebrate it cause my Papa was a former American Democrat. She will be sending a formal letter again with unlikely themes to us like we are some unknown family member but we're used to it.

"I wonder what will be the theme this year? I'm super excited" Hermes asked, not really expecting an answer.

I lifted my head and answered him.

"I hope it's something I'd like to attend to"

***********

I went home and it's already dark but I know that I will be making it to dinner. I went inside the house and they're already setting up the table.

As we were eating, I asked Maxim how his day was and he told me everything that happened to him in school.

"I got to punch a classmate today, papa"

I almost burst out laughing.

"You punch a classmate?" I tried to stay serious. I looked at Theena and saw her keeping her laughter while eating.

"Yes, but my maestra stopped us before he could punch me" he said.

"You know that that's a bad doing Max, right? You should not be quarreling with your classmates or you'll grow up a bad boy"

Maxim just ate his food and nod his head.

A long silence of eating has passed and Maxim stared to converse again.

"Papa, Miss Theena's been telling me very good stories every night. She's so good with stories. I like heroes and fighting."

"Oh, that's good" I realized why he's been having trouble at school eh.

"You don't think why you punch your mate in school is because of the stories you've been listening?" I looked at maxim but I saw in my peripheral that Theena looked at me.

I didn't bother for him to answer, I just know that I caught Theena's attention.

"Tonight, I will be putting you to bed and I will give you one of the best stories I know."

"Realmente? Si, Si" Maxim gleefully answered. "Miss Theena can put me to bed on the next day, can you, Miss Theena?

"Si, Maximillian" she smilely answered and gave him a cute smile. Damn, She is cute. NO, her smile was cute.