Chapter 9

I went home almost fully-satisfied with the day's event. I'm quite happy that I finally found my date to thanksgiving. She's nice, beautiful, and fine. I could get to know her more when we see each other more often. Gosh, I'm hungry, can't wait to tell my story to Tia Ora and Theena.

Why am I even trying to include her. As if I will ask for her opinion to it. Well, some of it were from her, right? I am changing just like Hermes said. Anyway, I just want to be happy tonight.

I entered my doorstep and a ginger-colored small feline stood in front of me. I don't know if it was standing but it still has its four paws on the ground.

"Meow", it says and it was looking at me.

We never had a pet in the house for the longest time and this is the first time that a furry animal entered my abode. I knelt before the marmalade cat and pet it. I scratched its head and it slowly gave in to me. Hah, I am a cat person. This cat loves me.

"Hello, good fluffy cat. How'd you get here? What should I call you, eh?

"Meow", it answered.

"Oohww, you love me already, don't you?" I pet him even more "I think I shall call you fluffy cause you are so fluffy." I chuckled to myself. I put my hands around fluffy to carry it and check its gender.

"He's ginger", a voice interrupted me and fluffy.

I rose my head and saw Theena across the other door leading to the main sala leaning against a wall with her arms crossed. She is wearing a yellow dress and an apron around her with I think chocolate powder smudged on it. I guess they are baking desserts. Mmmm. Her hair is pulled down and a silver clip on both sides made her look like a little girl. But a smart cute girl. She looks really fine with me even though we argue a lot. We haven't been talking with each other cause we try our best to stay away from each other to avoid deadly consequence. But maybe I'd kill to have an argument with her just to talk to her. I miss her ideas and the fact that she is not afraid to voice them out.

"Oh Buenas dias Theena" I smiled charmingly trying to get her attention. I carried fluffy and walked towards Theena's direction. "I got this lost cat when I entered the door step and I think fluffy already likes me."

Theena's face changed skeptically. I wanted to ask her what happened when Maxim came running towards our direction.

"Papa! Ginger! You're here!" Maxim cried. "We've been looking for you. Where did you find Ginger Miss Theena?"

"Well, I guess your papa found Ginger there at the door" Theena smiled blissfully at Maxim.

"So papa, I guess you and ginger met" Maxim wanted to reach "ginger" from my hands.

"Wait, you already have a name for fluffy?" I asked confused.

"Fluffy?" Maxim asked me. "His name is Ginger and Miss Theena found him outside this afternoon when we came back from school.

"He's a he?"

"Yes, Mr. Garcia" Theena answered.

"You found him outside, and you bring him in?"

"Yes, sir" Theena answered embarrassingly.

"I am really sorry sir, I didn't know that you wouldn't like pets inside. I promise I'll..."

"Put this cat out?" I asked. How dare she'll throw this cute little cat out.

"No, sir. I promise I'll keep this cat to me and take care of Ginger by myself in my room or in a cage or something."

"Oh", was all I could answer. I stared at Theena, wasn't expecting her answer to be like that. This lady sure always surprises me. I thought she would let this cat be thrown away.