Story Two - Part One

Words - 427

--Third person pov--

The sound of someone running, their breath heavy and filled with panic. Not far behind the sound of a very large creature followed after. Jade ran as fast ad she could, her body consumed by fear making it hard. She doesn't know how she got here, she doesn't even know what the creature chasing her is. All she knows is that she must keep running. The path before her was the same as its been since this all started, a dark damp hallway, seemingly endless. There were no turns, no doors leading to potential safety, just the hallway leading into pure darkness. But sadly all this running is taking a toll on her body, she's wearing down, thus slowing down but only a little. Jade realizes she is slowing down, and whimpers in her panic, pushing her body to run faster. Then in the darkness of the hallway she spots the flicker of a candle, she cried out in joy, despite the fact that it was gone as quickly as it came. With a surge of hope and adrenaline Jade pushed herself to keep moving. And within no time she practically ran into a wall at the end of the hall. Knowing the beast was on her heels she quickly felt around for an exit, her left hand skimming a medium sized gape in the wall. Without a second thought, and the last of her strength, she began squeezing her way through the gap, landing on a dirt covered floor with a thud. At the sight of someone falling through the wall on the far side of the room, the men inside were shocked and rather confused. They began mumbling to themselves, catching Jades attention. However before she or anyone else could really say anything the arm of the beast came shooting through the gap in the wall, startling everyone. Jade and a few others had let out a small scream, the hand felt around the wall then started reaching for Jade, who began scooting back as quickly as she could, just barely getting out of its reach. To everyone's surprise the gap in the wall began to close, severing the beasts arm off before it could retreat. The arm landed on the floor then turned to ash before their eyes. The room was quite so quiet you could practically hear the panicked heartbeat of each person in the room. After catching her breath Jade turned to the men and asked them softly. "Where am I?" She remained seated on the ground.